INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: combining .cue-.bin and ogg formats?  (Read 1632 times)

urlwolf

• World Citizen
  • building gomotron!
combining .cue-.bin and ogg formats?
« on: December 28, 2005, 06:11:23 am »

Hi,

I have seen a file that has both the typical format .cue and .bin and is compressed using ogg. MC 11.1 sees it ok, but it cannot rename or retag it in any way. Any suggestions? Why would this be useful? Why not to have say 10 different ogg files? I don't understand the point of having all in a single .bin file. Is there any way to split them without having to burn a CD?

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
Re: combining .cue-.bin and ogg formats?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005, 06:48:50 am »

Look at a splitter.
Simply ripping from the image (bin) will not result in good quality individual files.

Google for ogg splitter I guess.
Maybe this one:
http://musicutter.szm.sk/

Sorry, I don't do ogg or bin files.
But that will be what you want to do.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2005, 07:20:05 am »

I have seen a file that has both the typical format .cue and .bin and is compressed using ogg.

BIN & CUE files are used for CD image files. BIN contains the actual data and CUE has the layout and format info for burning programs.

".ogg" is a filename extension for Ogg container files. It is normally used for audio files compressed with Vorbis codec.

It is possible to rip an Audio CD in "disc image file + CUE" format and encode the big wave file with Ogg Vorbis, but then you would have two separate files: .ogg and .cue.

I don't understand what you mean by an Ogg compressed file that has ".cue" and ".bin".

What is Ogg Vorbis?
Ogg Vorbis is a new audio compression format. It is roughly comparable to other formats used to store and play digital music, such as MP3, VQF, AAC, and other digital audio formats. It is different from these other formats because it is completely free, open, and unpatented.

What do all the names mean?
Ogg
Ogg is the name of Xiph.org's container format for audio, video, and metadata.

Vorbis
Vorbis is the name of a specific audio compression scheme that's designed to be contained in Ogg. Note that other formats are capable of being embedded in Ogg such as FLAC and Speex.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2005, 08:56:37 am »

How about using Isobuster to look at the bin. i think you might be able to extract the oggs that way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up