INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: disk usage of selected songs or song files  (Read 1021 times)

coffee_addict

• Change this by choosing profile
disk usage of selected songs or song files
« on: December 25, 2005, 03:02:40 pm »

Hi,

Below I describewhat I'd like to do and my question is - does Media Center support this in any way?:

I'd like to be able to select a bunch of my ape files and get the total disk usage for all selected files.

Why? so I can figure out when the disk usage for selected files gets close to 8.5 Gigabytes before I attempt to burn a DVD+R DL to its capacity (8.5 Gigabytes) with these files.

I'm attempting to back up all my sound files to these disks so I don't have to worry anymore about my disk crashing and losing all my hard work ripping these files.

Apologies if this is covered somewhere else - a quick search of the forum didn't show this as a topic.

Thanks,
Tom

jkrzok

• World Citizen
Re: disk usage of selected songs or song files
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2005, 04:28:34 pm »

Take a look at the bottom toolbar or status bar of a mega skin. Whenever I hilite some files I get a report on the number of files, total size, and total duration of what I have selected.

I'm using the latest 11.1 beta; I can't remember if this feature was in 11.0. I think it was but... my memory grows old.

It doesn't seem to matter what mega skin I use.

coffee_addict

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2005, 01:09:38 pm »

Take a look at the bottom toolbar or status bar of a mega skin. Whenever I hilite some files I get a report on the number of files, total size, and total duration of what I have selected.

I'm using the latest 11.1 beta; I can't remember if this feature was in 11.0. I think it was but... my memory grows old.

It doesn't seem to matter what mega skin I use.

Wow, if only everything was this easy, thanks!

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2005, 12:56:32 am »

:)
Pages: [1]   Go Up