INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: good simple wireless receivers?  (Read 2069 times)

goodlistener

• Recent member
good simple wireless receivers?
« on: May 12, 2005, 07:03:59 pm »

I am looking for a device that will receive wireless signals from my laptop running MC.  This device would connect, via a USB cable, to an external sound card that connects to my stereo amp.  I want to play music via MC from my laptop without a physical cable connection between my laptop and my stereo.   

The wireless receivers I have looked at so far are either more elaborate that I want (with their own software for setting up play lists and organizing music files) or limited to particular music formats.

I expect that someone else using MC has solved this problem and I am eager to hear what they did.

Thanks.

rcarter227@cox.net

Re: good simple wireless receivers?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2005, 01:38:17 am »

take a look at www.tigerdirect.com
product number S248-1325
SMC 802.11g WRL Digital Media Receiver

jgourd

• Galactic Citizen
  • Geurilla Recording At Its Best
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2005, 01:01:02 pm »

Let me know if you find the right one.

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2005, 11:18:54 pm »

I'm really liking the Netgear MP101.
MC runs on a computer.  The MP101 acts a a client to MC and can see all your music and playlists from MC.
It connects via wireless network or cat5 network cable.

mogf

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2005, 04:14:54 am »

Yes at last there is one that is closer to what you want. The Logitech Wireless Music System for PC.

Pros: (1) It is simple and doesn't load the receiver with features you do not want. (2) You can buy multiple receivers and put one in each room. (3) It bypasses the sound card so you get better audio quality. (4) the remote works with Media Center and most other players. (5) It's cheap.

Cons: (1) the volume control in Media Center does not seem to work so you have to use the remote control. I am sure MC can fix this. (2) It only transmits sound not video. (3) It is one-way, so you still need a cable from your audio system to your PC for transferring all your music collection there.

One day someone will give the market what it wants. A wireless solution for managing our entire entertainment systems from one single laptop computer which stores everything. All you need then is a power amp and speakers. End of cable nightmare in the living room and good-riddance to the front-end components of our audio systems. Put the DAC in the power amp and we're done. And electronic crossovers in the PC software to multi-amp our loudspeakers. It's only zeros and ones now so computers rule.

Pages: [1]   Go Up