INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ForsakenArdor: MC 11.1 Issues  (Read 822 times)

ForsakenArdor

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I hate Jay Leno.
ForsakenArdor: MC 11.1 Issues
« on: December 23, 2005, 09:33:23 am »

Cover art still isn't working for me, however, out of three albums I uploaded, of 33 songs, one of those songs miraculously had cover art.  Should I initialize and start over or will that not make a difference?

Library thumbnails is still not functioning; I erased and rebuilt them and still nothing.  The YADB CD lookup still fails too.  Any progress on these two issues?

An old bug that was never taken care of, probably Windows98 related.  When I dock the iPod while MC is already open, the handheld player connected thing pops up, but when I click it, it says no handheld detected and it also doesn't show up in the Drives & Devices tree (it still shows up under MC's My Computer, view though).  I have to close MC and open it again to work with the iPod.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: ForsakenArdor: MC 11.1 Issues
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2005, 10:39:56 am »

You're seeing a lot of problems others aren't, so there may be something wrong with your install.

I'd try an uninstall, reboot, reinstall.  Try a fresh library to see if you get thumbnails.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

ForsakenArdor

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I hate Jay Leno.
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2005, 06:10:41 am »

After reinstalling, nothing was different.  Thumbnails in my library were still missing.  YADB always fails to find a CD and the submit CD form is also still broken.  What could cause the YADB to fail like this?  What changed?

I created a new library and imported a few albums and thumbnails did show up.  I switched back to the old one and they were gone again.  I tried rebuilding on the old one again, but no luck.  I decided to check out the thumbnail files myself under c:\windows\application data\j river\media center 11\thumbnails and found three subdirectories with very long and cryptic names.  The oldest one has 56 files and 17 folders, while the other two have one file each.  I closed MC and deleted the oldest folder.  Nothing.  Closed again and I deleted all the folders.  Then the old library gradually filled in with brand new thumbnails.  Weird.  My conclusion is that with an 11.1 upgrade to recent builds when thumbnail writing was improved, libraries with older thumbnails don't get updated correctly and the erase thumbnails command doesn't work correctly.  This may be limited to Win98 or it may not.

As for iPod cover art, I have no new files to upload so I will initialize and reupload before I go to sleep and report in the morning.  I'll encode more during the day and test how the artworkdb is augmented when adding new files.

As for the thing where the iPod has to be docked before opening MC, I've had this problem ever since I started using 11.1.

ForsakenArdor

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I hate Jay Leno.
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2005, 05:09:43 pm »

I figured out why only one of the new songs I uploaded had cover art.  It was because MC didn't properly detect file changes between the iPod files and the library files, despite being 80% larger and a different bitrate.  I was to upload four new replacement tracks and saw that the upload queue only had two songs to upload.  I checked some iPod files that I thought I had replaced and they were still 128 kbps instead of VBR.  I manually deleted the old versions of the four songs and then synced and the new ones transferred fine with cover art.  Cover art failed to show up because MC didn't delete the old files that were uploaded during a broken cover art build.  That one song that got uploaded from before and the two that were in the queue were different because they had different ratings.  My new files usually have all tag info identical, the only differences being file location, bit rate, file size and the analysis fields.
Pages: [1]   Go Up