INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sync Cover Art  (Read 849 times)

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
Sync Cover Art
« on: December 27, 2005, 09:22:14 pm »

Is there a way to sync all of the cover art on an iPod?

I'm MC using 11.1.89.  I have some cover art on the iPod.  As I find missing cover art and get on the PC, the changes will not sync to the iPod.  The only way I can get the changes to the iPod is to delete the songs from the iPod and re-sync.

This would not be bad, but it takes 5 hours to sync everything (11,200 songs).

Randy

razumik

• World Citizen
Re: Sync Cover Art
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005, 09:44:00 am »

Randy,

After you make changes to the cover art in MC, are you deleting all tracks on the IPOD, or only the tracks that you are missing art from?  If you delete only the necessary tracks, re-syncing should only take a few seconds.

Dan

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2005, 12:12:58 pm »

Dan,

If I manually delete the tracks from the iPod, it will bring in the cover art when I sync the next time.

This process is OK if I make small changes, but I'm in the process of cleaning up my cover art (now that MC & iPod support it), so I'm looking for a more efficient way.  Otherwise I have to take notes of the changes and manually delete things from the iPod.

I thought that MC would recognize updating the cover art as a change and sync it by itself, but that is not the case.

Randy

LonWar

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2005, 12:18:57 pm »

Dan,

If I manually delete the tracks from the iPod, it will bring in the cover art when I sync the next time.

This process is OK if I make small changes, but I'm in the process of cleaning up my cover art (now that MC & iPod support it), so I'm looking for a more efficient way.  Otherwise I have to take notes of the changes and manually delete things from the iPod.

I thought that MC would recognize updating the cover art as a change and sync it by itself, but that is not the case.

Randy

It would be very nice, Maybe in 12, they can think of a way to do it....
Anybody know if ITunes can do it? Not sure how it could be done.
-
Pages: [1]   Go Up