INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 11.1 - Simple (duh) Feature Request  (Read 703 times)

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
MC 11.1 - Simple (duh) Feature Request
« on: December 30, 2005, 03:12:02 pm »

Often times I want to copy & paste an artist's name or album's name from MC into somewhere (eg. search engine).  Currently, the easiest way to do this in MC is to 1) click on the field for which you want to copy, 2) press F2 (edit), 3) press <Ctrl-C> (copy) and 4) press <Esc> (cancel).

Would be nicer if the MC right-click menu had an option for 'Copy Selected Item' (below 'Edit Selected Item' or under 'Edit >' menu).  Then, with two clicks you could have the data copied to the clipboard and not have to do the 'fake' edit procedure.  So, you'd right-click on the field value you want to copy and choose this new option from the popup menu (that's my request).  Maybe a <Ctrl-F2> shortcut as well (close to the F2 (Edit) funtionality).

dNj

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I might be a porcupine.
Re: MC 11.1 - Simple (duh) Feature Request
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2005, 03:31:41 pm »

I would suggest downloading Strokeit http://www.tcbmi.com/strokeit/
it is a free mouse gesture program that you can also add your own gestures for many applications.  With stroke it you simply hold down the right mouse button and move the mouse in the up direction to copy.  Right click and move the mouse down to paste.  Alot of the gestures can be used for any windows application making it a crucial time saver.  One of my favorite gestures is simply drawing a "P" and viola my computer prints.  and its FREE!
Pages: [1]   Go Up