INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: To Yaobing: TV Tuner problems  (Read 1929 times)

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
To Yaobing: TV Tuner problems
« on: January 14, 2006, 01:54:04 pm »

Hi Yaobing.

I had a TV specific view scheme (file type = tvlb) After resetting once the view schemes I wanted to recreate it. Although it is possible to create a view scheme to search for "media type = TV", I cannot import any TV channels into it any longer.  Also it is not any longer possible to create a TV view scheme on the top level root.

Now, when I start TV I see all the channels in the PlayingNow View and on right click there is the option "Import into library". But when I try to import the tv channels into the library, nothing happens. The "MyTV Channels" view scheme remains empty. This was very handy as had a scheme Country>Genre>Channel where Type was one of "National|Private|News|Sports|Local|Commercial". I could select in the panes "Germany>News and I got the specific German News Channels to select.

The way it is now it is simply not consistent with the rest of Media Center.
Is there a chance to make the TV view scheme working again?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: To Yaobing: TV Tuner problems
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 09:13:37 am »

This should work:

- add a new root level view scheme (select Playing Now in the tree and add a view scheme from the top menu: Edit > Add View Scheme).

- use this string in step 4 (pick files...):  ~d=a [File Type]=[tvlb]

The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2006, 10:34:50 am »

Thank you  Alex for helping!

Must admit that MC11 becomes more and more an occult science ::) You can do many things if you knew how to do it!

Even if I follow Interact on a quite regular basis, one misses many things. It is not easy to imagine that to add a new root level view scheme one has to select "Playing Now" first and then go to the Top Menu Bar.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006, 05:47:18 am »

I was against the removal of the "all media" Media Library branch. I understand the need for simplified interface, but the current system is not clear for newbies (and some oldbies too  ;) ). Now new users might not realize that MC is capable of handling various media types at the same time.

At least MC should have a more intuitive way for creating new root branches. Perhaps the option could be in the usual right-click "add view scheme" dialog, e.g. "Make this view scheme a root item".

In regard to the "~a" (all databases) expression I guess you used it before too. I don't think the TV channels have been included in the main database previously (though, I can't be sure. I have only 11.1 installed).
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up