INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hot Key Support Please  (Read 939 times)

rickeyjt

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Hot Key Support Please
« on: January 03, 2006, 03:18:30 pm »

I want to use the spacebar to play and pause.  It's just one key vs ctrl-p.  Nice if it would rewind a specified number of seconds when pausing.

jgreen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Hot Key Support Please
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2006, 03:34:37 pm »

Every time this topic comes up I recommend the MSFT Multimedia keyboard, and no one listens to me.  This is a $29 idea, and it works perfectly. 

If you search the threads, you can find endless posts about programming hotkeys and apps layered to make a solution almost half as powerful and not nearly as easy as the $29 keyboard, when the apps are working.

With the multimedia keyboard, you get dedicated keys for play, pause, previous track, next track, and volume up and down.  And they always work.  And you get other keys ready for macros to do other tasks, maybe rate songs.  And it works, FWIW

rickeyjt

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2006, 10:25:39 pm »

I did a search on hot keys and found only a couple messages.  Buying a special keyboard for four different machines is not exactly practical.

This is a request for the software to do something on no matter what machine it is installed.

jgreen

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2006, 10:03:42 am »

FWIW, spacebar is a de facto standard for play/pause, so I agree it would be a nice addition to MC, both in the player and in the media editor.  So that's two people now who are requesting this feature in MC.

As for scripting hot keys, I wish I could give you better info on finding the relevant posts, because there are quite a few knowledgable users who have detailed the method for doing this within the OS, although not within the software.

As for the special keyboard, I assure you you still get all 26 letters of the alphabet and all the other regular keys.  You just get a few more keys, and exactly what you want, right now.  If this much control of MC playback is important to you, have a look at these keyboards in the stores.
Pages: [1]   Go Up