INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CD playback problems -- MJ 8.356, 8.372  (Read 1250 times)

Torsten

• nothing more to say...
CD playback problems -- MJ 8.356, 8.372
« on: September 26, 2002, 09:09:52 am »

After installed wmp9 (build 2800) on w2k sp3 media jukebox doen#t play any cd (digital way). How is the way to solve the problem?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Media Jukebos 8.356, 8.372
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2002, 09:19:47 am »

I don't know.

Did you try using analog?

Torsten

• nothing more to say...
Re: CD playback problems -- MJ 8.356, 8.372
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2002, 01:13:02 pm »

I didn't use analog play. Im only interested in digital playing cds because I want to use dsp's.
After downgrading to wmp7.1 on the same system jukebox didn't play.
After downgrading to version 7.2 of jukebox I can play cds in a digital way. Wmp9 beta (build 2800) is installed, but doesn't hint playing cd.
Is there a problem with the burning software, that causes the incompatibility?

Dane069

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2002, 05:58:32 pm »

I have the same problem after updating to SP3 on WIN2K Professional. I also updated to WMP9, I took the advice and disabled digital in settings, options. Now it only plays one song off the CD and stops. It also alerts you that the visualizations will not work unless digital is enabled.

All my other players and software works fine even WINAMP3, this is the only software that has proved buggy since my update to SP3. I have used all the popular players out there and Media Jukebox came quite close to what I was looking for. I hope with all the testing upgrades, that by the end of 2003 we will see the best player.

I also hope that the shoutcast radio stations will be added to give the player some more depth.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2002, 06:57:11 pm »

> All my other players and software works fine even WINAMP3, this is the only software that has proved buggy since my update to SP3.

Let me understand.  MJ works.  You update Windows.  MJ doesn't work.  It's because MJ is buggy?

Dane069

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2002, 09:02:20 pm »

Don't be sarcastic all my other MP3/CD players work fine after SP3 and WMP9 updates. I am talking about one player that has generated quite a few errors before and after the SP3 updates.

I never reported the problem before, I am quite content to wait for the fix that will eventually come around. I just wanted to reply to the previous individual with a similar problem that a little patience will eventually bring a soultion. Therefore, if you have no constructive advice please stop wasting my time and let someone else speak.
Pages: [1]   Go Up