INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Send to.... Rating  (Read 1777 times)

Deivit

• Citizen of the Universe
  • I find your interest interesting...
Send to.... Rating
« on: January 04, 2006, 01:58:57 pm »

Back in MC9 or MJ8 one of the options of the context menu "send to" was rating, so that you could rate a song, for instance, by just right-clicking on its thumbnail.

I think this feature was pulled out for some reason and, if I recall correctly, it could also be acomplished with a a keystroke combination. Is that feature still present anyhow?

Thank you.

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: Send to.... Rating
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2006, 02:25:40 pm »

ctrl + shift + (1 - 5) will rate the currently playing track. (only works when MC has focus)

I use a slim playing now skin to set ratings on the currently playing track now-a-days.

way back, in v9.1 days, I used taskbar buttons...

I don't use the ratings any longer, but the play control buttons and the open/close button are permanent fixtures on my taskbar.

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2006, 02:40:29 pm »

Those buttons can be tied to MC11.exe commands, and then MC doesn't need the focus.

marko, would you mind sending me the icons you're using for those buttons (1-5 too if you still have them) or posting a URL where I can grab them?

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2006, 02:55:20 pm »

the buttons are MC11.exe shortcuts with custom icons, and certainly, I'll upload the zipped directories for you and anyone else interested.

the numbers were made for me by the author of MC's 'blue steel' skin, knicklefarz.

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2006, 03:07:47 pm »

I can make the shortcuts, but won't turn them down you send them ready-made.
The icons are what I'd mostly like.

Deivit

• I find your interest interesting...
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2006, 03:17:57 pm »

I also use a PN plugin skin that allows me to rate the current and previous song. This is my "normal" way of listening to MC.

However, I've been lately experimenting with a sort of "Theater view" consisting of using the MC Playing Now in thumbnail view, with the tree hidden, and a small PN skin which shows me the lyrics of the song. For this setup, a way to rate any song (not the current) rght-clicking on the thumbnail would be fantastic.  That's when I recalled that it used to be possible to do that back in the old times. The Ctrl+Shift thing can only be used with the currently playing song, as you said. The old "Send to... rating" could be used for any track just right-clicking on it. I wonder why did they pulled it back.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2006, 04:30:24 am »

I can make the shortcuts, but won't turn them down you send them ready-made.
The icons are what I'd mostly like.
this zip file (233 kb) contains two folders. one with the shortcuts, and one with the icons. there are also some alternative icons in the icons folder. They have the same filenames, so replacing one with the other won't require a trip to shortcut properties to change the icon (you may need to refresh your icon cache though). the files in the default folder are the same as the ones currently in use, so you won't lose anything when you copy>replace files.

place both folders on the root of your c:\ drive and they'll be good to go from there. If you save them anywhere else, you'll need to edit the path to each icon (right click, properties, change icon)
usage:
right click on the windows taskbar, hover over 'toolbars' then click on 'new toolbar'.
browse to c:\media center and click OK.
make sure the taskbar is unlocked.
right click on the new toolbar and turn off title and labels
drag the toolbar to your desired location
drag and drop the buttons into the order you want them
enjoy.
(the linked zip file contains work by myself, DJ_Hazelwood and knickelfarz)

Deivit, it was a long time ago they pulled "send to... rating"
I only really used it for rating the current track and having found alternative methods to achieve that, I never really missed it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up