INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cda files  (Read 1240 times)

park

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I wish I had more to say!
cda files
« on: January 03, 2006, 05:08:22 am »

Hi,
I've had a problem for several months now with all of the songs from the cd database populating all of my smartlists. I have tried adding search filters such as "database:main" and "media type:audio" but it makes no difference. Just wondering if anybody has any ideas on how this could come to be? I really dont want to remove all those files from the library, just in case I have to re-rip in the future.
Thanks,
Bri

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: cda files
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2006, 02:10:11 pm »

if you have imported the .cda files into your library, then they will be present in database:main, and as cda files are audio files, you would expect them to show up.

MC only needs to see the audio cd to catalogue it's contents. apart from filling the tags correctly, no other user intervention is required and the cd contents are added to the cd database.

if you want to keep the .cda files in your main library, the exclusion you are looking for to use in your smartlists is simply..

-[file type]=cda

park

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2006, 02:37:25 pm »

Thanks Marko,
It's certainly possible that I imported those files at some point, but if I did, it was never conciously, and they show up with purple icons (the little music notes), not green like that of imported files.  And they dont show up in any viewschemes at all.

Also, I have tried to exclude cda files using the search wizard, but "cda" isnt even in the list of file types to exclude, even though i can see those files in the smartlist below.

Something else, though maybe not related, is that all of the podcasts that I havent downloaded, and maybe never will, also appear in smartlists, also with purple icons.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2006, 02:58:57 pm »

>> and they don't show up in any viewschemes at all <<

smartlists search across the entire library, well, the "database:Main" part of it at least.

back when we had a default "Media Library" tree node, did you ever edit it by adding rules to its "step 4"?

I did that to mine, and things got a little confusing when it got removed, as at times, it would appear that those old Media Library rules were still being applied.

perhaps resetting to default view schemes might help?

Just in case it doesn't, make a library backup before trashing all of your viewschemes.

park

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2006, 08:50:36 pm »

Thanks Marko,
I do remember creating a viewcheme to see all of my cds, and one for looking at dvds. And I moved them around (from audio, to advanced etc.) quite a bit. Could be that.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2006, 04:12:14 am »

park, are you using access control?

with access control enabled in the latest (.96) build, I find MC draws results from the cd database too.

I added it to the bug thread.

park

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2006, 07:51:27 am »

I have always had access control turned on, yes, but it's never made a difference, on or off.

I ended up deleting all of the cda files from the library. There was no "cda" file type in the list of file types to ignor, even when I unticked "show selected file types", and smarlists were unusable with all those files in them.

I'm sure that Yadb will get most of my cds if I ever need to re-rip, and the other fields I tagged wont be hard to refill. Besides, I dont ever want to re-rip. That was months of hassle and now I've sent all my cds back to england to clog up my parents attic.
Pages: [1]   Go Up