INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library DB woes  (Read 1234 times)

Araj

• World Citizen
Library DB woes
« on: January 10, 2006, 04:35:49 pm »

(Testing 11.1.91)

Somehow when I re-imported media so that a few new files would be in the Library DB, all the files that were already in the DB appeared a second time. How do I get rid of the double listings?

Is it possible that the duplicate files on my iRiver MP3 player which I synced before now show in the DB? If so, how do I stop that?

In addition, if I try importing now, sometimes files show as Recently Imported although they were already imported and listed before.

Any fixes please ?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Library DB woes
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 04:52:42 pm »

Check first the Filename field (You can make it visible in View > Customize Current View).

Does a duplicate file have a different filename? How is it different?
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Araj

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 01:22:18 pm »

Hi Alex

The files are not different - they're exactly the same file name and path. I looked in a bit more detail now and it's not all the files are double. About 75% are double, the rest are single or triple entries.

I tried Import Media again now and it happily imported 398 "new" media files which were already there. There doesn't seem to be a pattern - some of the imports are whole albums, some only one track or two...

Thanks for your help

Araj

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2006, 01:45:10 pm »

Hey, just found it - Somehow when I deinstalled MC11 before installing 11.1.91. the database got left behind, so there were now two databases. I deleted the old one and now everything's hunky dory.

Cheers

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2006, 02:13:25 pm »

Hmm... Rather strange. I don't think anyone else has reported a similar problem.

I don't understand how MC could have two separate databases open at the same.

Besides, I have always believed that at least the filenames must be unique in an MC Library and thought that otherwise the files could not show up as separate items. Could it be that MC uses an internal identifier for each file, which doesn't show up anywhere, not even in an XML library export?
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

gk666999

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2006, 10:07:28 am »

I had this problem once.
Pages: [1]   Go Up