INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.100 Release Candidate  (Read 3652 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.1.100 Release Candidate
« on: January 16, 2006, 05:33:20 pm »

This is a pre-release version of MC 11.1.  It will work with the same MC11 license that 11.0 uses.  Please post only bugs here.  Anything requiring discussion should go in a new thread.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

PRICES for MC11.0 and 11.1 are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

The public release version of Media Center 11.0 is available here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html (recommended for new users)

This latest build of MC11.1 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter111100.exe

11.1.100 (01/16/06)

1. NEW: Photos uploaded to an iPod now support NTSC output to a TV.
2. Fixed: Some older firmware iPod photos wouldn't properly display a photo slideshow.
3. Changed: Files on a device show "Delete On Sync" in the status column when they're flagged for removal.
4. Changed: Play counts and ratings are now synchronized back from a device in a worker thread when the device is connected. (instead of blocking the program)
5. Fixed: Delete playlist confirmation from the iPod plugin only showed an 'OK' button.
6. Changed: Some tweaking of handheld menus.
7. NEW: Added "Options" button next to "Sync Now" button for handheld views.

11.1.99 (01/13/06)

1. New: Improved Real Audio tag importing.
2. Fixed: Bit depth was not imported for AAC and other formats that use DirectShow filters for playback.
3. Fixed: MP4 files were not showing as supported for 5th generation iPods.
4. Fixed: Videos on the iPod would show up as an audio file on restart of the program.
5. NEW: Added Photo album support to the iPod. (requires photos be uploaded with MC to have a reasonable album name)
6. Fixed: Improved iPod photo support for images with unicode or long filenames.
7. Fixed: Search strings containing dashes were matching too many items (example "b-sides").
8. Changed: Photos on the iPod should appear centered.
9. Changed: Tweaked the background color for photos on an iPod depending on the viewing mode.
10. Fixed: Photos not showing up on iriver H10 20GC.
11. Fixed: Clicking on an artist or an album in handheld panes didn't show correct file listings.

11.1.98 (01/12/06)

1. NEW: Added iPod photo support.

11.1.97 (01/11/06)

1. Changed: Tuned the display bar hide timing to be less aggressive.
2. Changed: Added a "Restore" button to the full screen toolbar to be more consistent with a regular window header.
3. Changed: Trimmed the height of the library view header bar.
4. Fixed: The averaged album year listed for an album with multiple track years was displaying decimal values.
5. Fixed: List controls weren't redrawing correctly when another list control was scrolled.
6. Changed: Multiple ~d terms now honor all terms instead of ignoring later terms.
7. Fixed: Turning on Access Control would allow removable (and other) entries to appear when not expected.
8. Fixed: In search expressions, escaped parenthesis characters were not working.
9. Fixed: ~a would not work properly with access control.
10. Fixed: About dialog had incorrect version and copyright dates.
11. New: Real Audio files will play in MC's native playback engine if needed DirectShow filters are present.
12. Changed: Rearranged loading priority of some DirectShow filters for m4a playback.
13. Changed: When internet is not available and MC tries to load a web page, an informative default web page is shown.
14. Fixed: When multiple views are selected (under View->Split View), each view's menu will not affect the other view.
15. Fixed: Ranges (like 80-89) would put the 0 value under (Others), instead of 00-09.
16. Fixed: Single digit ranges (like 0-9) would match too many values when used in a view scheme.

11.1.96 (01/09/06)

1. Fixed: Inaccurate bitrate of m4a files was used during importing.
2. Fixed: Podcast feed retry count was not reset after changing the URL.
3. Fixed: Older iPods could cause a crash when being connected to Media Center.
4. Changed: When emailing images from a fullscreen slideshow, MC first exits fullscreen so it doesn't cover the email program.
5. Changed: When emailing from MC with some email clients (Outlook, etc.), MC would remain locked until the email was sent.
6. Fixed: Some calculated fields could be overly slow when dealing with CD database files.
7. Changed: Library views save the last viewed mode per scheme. (but won't save "Albums" when switching to "Artists" and then going into an artist's albums)
8. Fixed: Grouping of year and day fields in view schemes would not work properly.
9. Fixed: Album expansion from a smartlist would not work.
10. Fixed: Mini View was not formatting durations properly in the track list control.
11. Fixed: On a fresh install (or upgrade from MC 10), picking "Rip" without first selecting an encoder would cause an error to appear.
12. Fixed: After installing an input plugin, the file types list on the import dialog wouldn't update until MC was restarted.
13. Changed: MC wouldn't allow the same track to be placed in the burn list multiple times.
14. Fixed: The handheld action bin wouldn't update properly when erasing files from the handheld.
15. Changed: When updating handheld options for sync / manual mode, the action window will update for the current transfer if it's open.
16. Fixed: When pausing a slideshow and then switching images, MC wouldn't maintain the paused state.
17. Fixed: After formatting an iPod from inside of MC, the free space would not get updated.
18. Fixed: Importing of aac (and other DirectShow formats) files ignored sample rate and number of channels.
19. Fixed: Trying to hide a plugin that had not been activated would fail.
20. Fixed: Submitting a CD to YADB with missing genre would fail.

11.1.95 (01/06/06)

1. Fixed: The "Removable" DB field would not show a "1" for removable files.
2. Fixed: The drop menus for library view switching wouldn't appear in the correct location when MC was maximized.
3. Changed: Somewhat revised the library view header bar.
4. Fixed: When ripping a CD not found in YADB, MC asks if you want to rip with unkown info. If you selected 'No', CD was ejected giving no chance to fix tags manually.
5. Fixed: Bitrate of m4a files were not displayed during playback.
6. Fixed: Podcasts were not sorted by name in the tree control.
7. Fixed: The Podcast 'composer' renaming rule was not stored in Podcast.xml.

New Features in MC 11.1
Podcasting support
Much improved handheld support for iPod, PlayforSure devices, and many others
Configurable locations for all media types on handhelds
iPod Shuffle and Nano support
Album art on iPods that support it
Automatic backup of library
Directshow support for AAC files
Much faster handling of thumbnail images (requires one-time rebuild of thumbnails)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
Re: Media Center 11.1.100 Release Candidate
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 06:39:46 pm »

11.1.100 (01/16/06)

4. Changed: Play counts and ratings are now synchronized back from a device in a worker thread when the device is connected. (instead of blocking the program)

Much better, thanks.

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 12:13:43 am »

3. Changed: Files on a device show "Delete On Sync" in the status column when they're flagged for removal.

Works partially.

After a sync the 'status' column disappears. I wonder why? It should show "On device". (This is also the case when you click 'show list'.)
I have 2 playlists synced. If I uncheck 1, the column 'Status' does not show up with 'delete on sync'. The sync works fine by-the-way.
If I add a new playlist and remove another, the column does show up.
Stupid questions do not exist, only stupid answers.

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006, 12:53:48 am »

In Options if I click on "Get Data from Handheld on connect..." and then click ok, when going back to the options, it is unchecked again.

edit : this is on iPod Nano
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

micahmj11

• Junior Woodchuck
  • This is war peacock. Casualties are inevitable.
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2006, 01:31:07 am »

1. NEW: Photos uploaded to an iPod now support NTSC output to a TV.

This does not seem to work.  I deleted all of my photos and resynced them all to my 5G iPod.  I was pleased to see that the photos were at last centered in the screen, which did not seem to work for me in the last build.  After making sure that my slide show settings were set to NTSC tv signal, I tried to output a slide show to the television.  It did not work.  The music played properly, but I got only a blank screen.

gk666999

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2006, 02:17:14 am »

Love it, thank you!

Very big improvement. For me, at least.

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2006, 06:54:52 am »

List style buttons in the toolbar dont do anything until the bottom file list is physically clicked in. This is very frustrating.

David_1cog

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2006, 08:50:50 am »

Small detail: could we have the '0-9' on the 'Alphabet' bar moved to the beginning.  That would make more sense because files are sorted 0-9,A-Z.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2006, 08:56:35 am »

List style buttons in the toolbar dont do anything until the bottom file list is physically clicked in. This is very frustrating.

This is normal.  Toolbar buttons target the focused list, which is the top list by default.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2006, 10:06:00 am »

Just an FYI...

I did my first photo album sync to ipod with this build.
Transferred over correctly, no muss no fuss.
Didn't even have to inititalize the device first.
Nice!

Michel Lefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2006, 12:34:21 pm »

Small buglet that has been there since 11.0 it seems:

The "History" section in the Help does not contain any of the new MC 11 or 11.1 features. It stops at MC 10.

Michel.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2006, 12:48:26 pm »

This is normal.  Toolbar buttons target the focused list, which is the top list by default.

Matt.  In panes view the buttons target the file list without a click.  They cannot do anything to tiles in a tile view so could they not alter the file list instead?  I agree with park its a bit frustrating when they can't actually alter tiles anyway.  Just seems a little bit illogical... just my 2c :-)

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2006, 01:34:55 pm »

Now that photo synchronization is operational, it would be consistent to have a Media Type pane (additional to Artist and Album) in the synchronization 'Show List' view.
Stupid questions do not exist, only stupid answers.

lOth

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2006, 02:43:57 pm »

In Options if I click on "Get Data from Handheld on connect..." and then click ok, when going back to the options, it is unchecked again.

edit : this is on iPod Nano

Same here with an iPod photo (4G). In addition, 'autosync on connect' is broken for me (I have the option checked but the sync doesn't start when I connect my iPod).

I can't see the improvement (maybe because I can't get the option to stay checked. See above). Actually, it seems to me that MC hangs longer than before. When I connect my iPod MC hangs for over a minute before I can do anything. I've no idea what MC does in the meantime...

Pages: [1]   Go Up