INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with MC 11.1.97 and Nano  (Read 1150 times)

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
Problem with MC 11.1.97 and Nano
« on: January 12, 2006, 08:35:00 am »

After a library restore, I plugged in my Nano and MC said it had 480+ files to sync (it should not have needed any syncing).  I the view of files on the Nano should them all to be there, but when I clicked an album or artist there was no file listed under them (only when All was selected at the top).  So, I did a Rebuild Database and now my Nano is dead!!  It's just a blinking black Apple apple icon (powering on and off it looks like).

Any clues what I can do now?  Plugging it in to my PC does nothing now (because it can't stay powered on).

Prior to this, I've never had any problem with my Nano (of course).

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC 11.1.97 just killed my Nano!!
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 09:20:01 am »

Stolen from an earlier post by jims...

To get it working again you have to do a hard reset.  To do this on the latest iPods, press the 'select' and 'menu' buttons for about 6 seconds and you'll see it start the soft-reboot, then immediatly press and hold the 'select' and 'play/pause' buttons.  This will put it into 'Disk Mode' so you can mount it on your computer, then delete the itunesdb file, unmount it, and do a soft reboot again.

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
Re: MC 11.1.97 just killed my Nano!!
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 09:40:06 am »

Thanks.

I found the same info HERE and did get it into disk mode.  From there I did a firmware update to 1.1 and that did NOT fix it.  I then did a Reset to Factory Settings and got it back (yippie).  Resynced using MC and I think it is working now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up