INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 11.1.. POP-UP Action window or tree???  (Read 1014 times)

JONCAT

11.1.. POP-UP Action window or tree???
« on: January 12, 2006, 04:30:51 pm »

Couple of observations:

Since Tiles aren't configurable (the text size) how about allow the bottom info window (usually displays data size & # of files I think) to display info on what is highlighted and then eventually default back to previous info. I have to use a larger DPI and font for my monitor but also if you have album titles that are something like:

Joe Bob McGovern Presents.....

and ten albums like this with the same cover, you have to have the file info pane at bottom displayed. I find my workflow often interrupted in other cases where I am just not sure if it's...CD1 or CD2 which comes at the very end and may have the same cover.

In the same light, the action window is great but if your in Tiles mode w/ the Tree minimized (and I might add it's a PAIN to max/min with those tiny tabs in certain skins - are there hot keys!?) you end up having to max the tree. Maybe a pop-up action window?Huh?

I love the new layout but I'm hoping to hear if others find their workflow interupted. Now, I have heard the claim that MC is not for burning, but a media tool this powerful...there's no way around it, it's an integral part of MC's functionality IMO untils cd's are akin to 8-track.

So how about:

1. pop-up action window
2. some kind of sensor field around the tabs to max/min panes
3. Customize ability of the bottom info bar's content (or just display Artist - Album selected)

Would anyone be not so interested, interested, or very interested in seeing these tested in 11.1 at some point?

Dr. C

JONCAT

Re: 11.1.. POP-UP Action window or tree???
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 08:03:26 am »

Nobody....? wow

;D

Dr. C 8)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: 11.1.. POP-UP Action window or tree???
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2006, 11:28:54 am »

We have 11.1 release blinders on now ;D
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up