INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cda files show up in smartlists after ripping  (Read 1295 times)

Psyffer23

• World Citizen
cda files show up in smartlists after ripping
« on: August 20, 2005, 11:02:30 am »

I've been using the auto rip feature in MC11.  It is so nice to just insert the CD and let it rip without having to interupt the music that is playing but, I have a problem.  Songs that have been ripped keep popping up in smartlist where the artists are members - as .cda files.  Typically, I will also, receive an error message while ripping the first song or two that says MC has had a problem "moving or copying" this file.   the mp3's themselves show up in the database and play fine.  The cda's do not appear in the database but, do show in smartlists.  Has anyone else had this problem?  What can I do to stop it?
Also, I am noticing that files from my Zen Xtra are appearing as duplicates in Smartlists.  There must be some way to stop this.

Psyffer23

• World Citizen
Re: cda files show up in smartlists after ripping
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2005, 05:24:45 pm »

Hey Somebody Please Reply. Other folks must be having these issues.  I keep having to 'clean out' my Smartlists and remove nonexistant files from my database.  Anybody?

Psyffer23

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2005, 09:09:29 pm »

The smartlists generally just have certain artists as the search criteria.  Recently ripped cda files by these artists show up in the list.  Sometimes cda's appear from long ago ripped CD's.  Also, all files that are synced to my Zen Xtra show up as duplicates. Some files appear in the smartlist which have no file name - no location.  How can this be?  I do NOT have auto import on.  All my files are stored on my D drive - an internal harddive. Any more info I can provide, let me know.  Thanks for the help.

dcwebman

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2005, 12:00:17 pm »

I have seen some CDA files appear in my smartlists but it's a simple addition to the smartlist to say -[File Type]=[cda] which will not show them anymore.
Jeff

Psyffer23

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2006, 09:13:38 am »

Access Control seems to be the answer.  I was trying to find a way to not have to write a -[File Type]=[cda] rule for every smartlist every time.  And, it tseems that adding that line to Access Control does the trick.  Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up