INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thumbnail Behavior  (Read 1464 times)

doubrown

• Junior Woodchuck
Thumbnail Behavior
« on: January 13, 2006, 06:24:48 pm »

OK - I know numerous topics have been posted about weird things happening with tumbnails, but I haven't seen one describing a situation exactly as I am seeing.

I am currently running 11.1.98, but this problem has been around for as long as I've been using the thumbnail feature. The view I'm looking at is "Audio>Artists". When I first start Media Center, all of the thumbnails are visible. However, when an Artist has more than one album, Media Center will sometimes cycle through all of the album thumbnails for that Artist and sometimes display a static thumbnail of the first album.

I don't notice a pattern in terms of which Artists will cycle through album thumbnails and which will not.

That is a minor issue compared to the problems I am having with disappearing thumbnails. At startup, Media Center will show all thumbnails, but after a few browses into the folders, some of the thumbnails disappear. I can restart Media Center and all of the thumbnails will be back, but the issue soon re-occurs. Curiously, the same thumbnails seem to disappear each time. By disappear, I mean Media Center displays an empty square. If I continue to use Media Center for several days, I notice that I can no longer regenerate the thumbnails my simply restarting Media Center. Instead I have to delete the "thumbnails" folder and then "build missing thumbnails" from the "Options" menu. Any suggestions?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Thumbnail Behavior
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 06:41:41 pm »

Can you post your system info from MC Help?

doubrown

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2006, 06:43:59 pm »

I'm now running 11.1.99:

Media Center Registered 11.1.99 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 3057 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 387 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive F:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive G:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive H:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive Z:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive E: TEAC     DVD+RW DV-W58E     Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:5  MaxSpeed:5  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

gpvillamil

• Listen to the music...
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2006, 06:45:36 pm »

That is a minor issue compared to the problems I am having with disappearing thumbnails. At startup, Media Center will show all thumbnails, but after a few browses into the folders, some of the thumbnails disappear. I can restart Media Center and all of the thumbnails will be back, but the issue soon re-occurs. Curiously, the same thumbnails seem to disappear each time. By disappear, I mean Media Center displays an empty square. If I continue to use Media Center for several days, I notice that I can no longer regenerate the thumbnails my simply restarting Media Center. Instead I have to delete the "thumbnails" folder and then "build missing thumbnails" from the "Options" menu. Any suggestions?

I have exactly this issue. Will post system info shortly.

oscargamble

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2006, 08:16:45 pm »

Same issue.  Certain cover art thumbnails keep disappearing (mostly newly imported cover art images).  Running 11.1.79.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2006, 09:02:21 pm »

Any sure-fire steps to reproduce?

What does the "Image File" column show for a file once it has no thumbnail?

Is it a very large library?  Are you connecting to library server or using a network share?  Are you using a 3rd party album thumbnail program like Rhino's Playing Now or G-Force?

Thanks for any more details.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up