INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: no S/PDIF from MC11.0 only  (Read 900 times)

shAf

• Citizen of the Universe
no S/PDIF from MC11.0 only
« on: January 17, 2006, 07:17:56 pm »

I'm sorry if this has been discussed before, but I did search ...

I have no digital output (S/PDIF) from MC11.0.316!  However, all other software audio is working properly (e.g., Win2K sounds, WinDVD, ...).  I imagine there's a MC switch somewhere but I cannot find it.

BTW ... I had been using analog outs from a Revo7.1, but I just bought an AVR, and I want to use its coaxial digital input.  The Revo control is set to "digital".

TIA & cheerios  :)
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: no S/PDIF from MC11.0 only
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 07:47:57 pm »

Try different output settings in Options > Playback.  MC is very flexible in how and where it routes the sound.

You can pick between WaveOut, DirectSound, and ASIO.  Inside each one, you can pick specific output lines.

With high end cards, the SPDIF line is a discrete line you can pick.  Otherwise, SPDIF output will get picked up from the main mixer line.

The final thing to consider is the sample rate.  Your external DAC may only support some sample rates.  MC can resample to any rate you like in DSP Studio.

Remember that you need to restart playback for some of the settings to take effect.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

shAf

Re: no S/PDIF from MC11.0 only
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2006, 04:53:52 am »

... You can pick between WaveOut, DirectSound, and ASIO.  Inside each one, you can pick specific output lines.

Thanx for your reply.  I was able to get waveout to work with an output line pointed at the Revo.  I could get sound from Direct Sound, but it was ugly (distorted clicks).

My preference would have to find an output channel to work with ASIO.  I tried several, but none worked.  Has anyone been able to get a ASIO to work with a specific Revo channel??

TIA  :)
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland
Pages: [1]   Go Up