INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pictures to Handheld: Can they be "transcoded" like Audio?  (Read 874 times)

Michel Lefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
Pictures to Handheld: Can they be "transcoded" like Audio?
« on: January 23, 2006, 02:12:24 pm »

When transfering audio from MC to my handheld, I can specify to convert my APE files to MP3's at say 160...

Can the same be done with my TIFF photographs? IE: Convert them on the fly from a huge TIFF file to a small 640x480 JPG?

Michel.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Pictures to Handheld: Can they be "transcoded" like Audio?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 02:19:53 pm »

We'd like to do this.  It's complicated because the iPod has no way of storing metadata with an image.  That means, if we convert an image and put it on the iPod, we have no good way to know it's the same image anymore.

A proprietary system that stored a fingerprint (or similar) would work, but would break iTunes cross-compatibility.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Michel Lefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Pictures to Handheld: Can they be "transcoded" like Audio?
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2006, 02:38:47 pm »

Interesting...

How about first converting to JPG to disk? It would at least save me a lot of work. Right now, I have to load the TIFF files in Photoshop to convert them to JPG, fire up MC to tag the newly created JPGs which is very time consuming. If I could convert them like audio files and still have the metadata, then I would not have to tag them manually...

I have catalogued my 9000 plus pictures in MC (in TIFF) and now I'm looking for an easy way to also have them available in JPG for my Treo 650 (which uses an SD Card), my laptop and my Web site....

Any ideas? It took me the better part of two years to tag these pictures :-)

Thanks!

M.   
Pages: [1]   Go Up