INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Search Functionality tweaks  (Read 924 times)

datdude

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Search Functionality tweaks
« on: January 21, 2006, 03:04:36 pm »

Since the search box seems to be changing a bit, I thought this would be a good time to make a few suggestions with big dividends.

The first is we should be treating the search box as an on the fly filter in the middle of browsing.  If I type something in, the results that apply should show immediately.  If I then select some tiles & then remove the search, the 'filter' should be instantly removed and all possibilities relating to only the breadcrumbs and default view scheme rules should then re-appear.

Currently if I search, the results do not instantly appear and if I remove a search in the middle of browsing, the results are not updated such that I then have to RE-CLICK through the same tiles over again.

The next tweak/feature I would like to see is a saved favorites search menu at the top of the default search options. It could work exactly like the current favorites toolbar option does.

The reason for this, is that there are many searches that I like to apply as filters over and over again, and these searches can be difficult to type in.  Even with choosing a rating, you still have  to click up to 6 or 7 times along with typing a number in and this is obviously cumbersome.  I realize I can save this as a smartlist but these can 't be applied as filters in the MIDDLE of a browsing session. :'(
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball
Pages: [1]   Go Up