INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC crashing  (Read 942 times)

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
MC crashing
« on: January 19, 2006, 08:47:58 am »

I've found an issue where I can make MC crash pretty consistently just by playing a bunch of tracks in quick succession. What info do you need to be able to diagnose the root problem? Is there any special debugging mode I can start to help you?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: MC crashing
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 09:41:56 am »

Disable visualizations, DSP, and third-party plugins one-by-one to see if the problem goes away.

If this doesn't point to the problem, post an exact step-by-step and we'll see if we (or anyone else) can reproduce it.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

DarkPenguin

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2006, 10:11:56 am »

A log file might be nice.  Help->Configure Debug logging (or something like that)

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2006, 06:40:00 pm »

Here's what I was doing that repeatedly caused the crash.

I was double-clicking on a track and then very quickly (within 1 or 2 seconds) double-clicking on another track. I was doing this repeatedly for 4 to 8 tracks or so. Usually when I did this there were no problems, but sometimes it would cause a crash.

To better help you understand the repro, here's WHY I was doing this:
I had ripped an Audiobook CD to WMA files. This created a bunch of tracks that I wanted to combine into 1 file per chapter of the book. I would play one track just long enough to hear if it began the next chapter, and if not, then I'd quickly play the next track, etc. This CD typically had about 7 or 8 tracks per chapter, so I had to try to guess which track started the next chapter and then listen to the tracks until I found the right one.

I hope that helps.
Pages: [1]   Go Up