INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What am I doing wrong, Need help!  (Read 1665 times)

anderdea

• Recent member
What am I doing wrong, Need help!
« on: January 24, 2006, 06:50:13 am »

I was using the trial version of Media Center (MC) and realized I didn’t need all its functions just to archive CD’s, so I purchased Jukebox last night 1/23/06.  I had ripped 7 CD’s in MC and was able to get cover art from the Internet for all of them.  Before I installed Jukebox, I deleted the ripped CD files as I decided to rip them again in Jukebox at a higher bit rate.  So last night I ripped a Celine Dion and  Kimberly Lock CD. When I tried to get Cover Art, it came back with none found.  I tried multiple times over an hour time frame with no change. These were CD’s that MC didn’t have a problem in finding the Cover Art for.

Is there some special set up in Jukebox that I’m not aware of to make this work?

Don

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: What am I doing wrong, Need help!
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2006, 08:12:26 am »

Not all cover art can be found automatically.  You can copy and paste any art from any web site (google image search, for example) into MJ properties.

anderdea

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2006, 11:31:20 am »

But why did it find it when I was using the trial version of Media Center with no problem?  Is it looking at a different data base using Jukebox?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2006, 03:01:05 pm »

MJ8 has not changed since November 18, 2003. Most likely the links are not valid anymore.

Better cover art support is one of the many things MC does better. The comparison page tells only what functions are included. It does not tell how good the functions are. MC does about everything much better.

The MJ8 price and the upgrade price together are not more than the price of separately purchased MC11.1. You may want to reconsider MC 11.1.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

anderdea

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2006, 08:20:09 am »

Alex B.,
Actually, I did like the MC trial software much better and after reading a somewhat disal review of Jukebox by CNET, I've decided to upgrade to MC 11 if the total price doesn't exceed $40.  I can't find, on the J River site, how to do this from Jukebox or the price of the upgrade.  Can you point me in the right direction.

PS: Also I've made a number of tag changes to my music files and don't want to loose that info going to MC.  Is there a way to maintain that info.

anderdea

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2006, 11:36:32 am »

I found the info on  how to update from Jukebox to MC11.

Before I make the upgrade, I don't want to loose all the impoerted music files and tags to get lost when I move to MC 11.  How do I make this won't happen? What's the process?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2006, 06:26:30 am »

I tested upgrading when MC 11.0 was new and wrote some instructions:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=27914.msg194327#msg194327
You may want to read the complete thread. Based on my experience of MC11.1 I think the instructions are still valid.

Shortly, it goes like this:

- Backup at least your MJ8 library (it has a backup tool).
- Uninstall MJ8.
- Install MC11.1.
- You can buy MC11.1 from inside the program (If I recall correctly the Help menu has a buy link). The first splash screen has an additional "buy" button if your trial period has already expired. Because you have had registered MJ8 installed the purchase system should offer you the upgrade price. Don't proceed if that does not happen for some reason; ask help here instead.
- Restore your media library backup file in MC11.1.

... but, please check the link out. It has more important information.

EDIT

I am not sure if you are going to upgrade to MC11.0 or MC11.1. However, both versions work with the same license.

One thing that I have not tested is restoring an MJ8 library backup directly in MC11.1. At least that works with MC11.0.

If you are going to install MC11.1 and restore your MJ8 library backup, please tell us how it went.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up