INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature requests  (Read 2535 times)

yooz

• Junior Woodchuck
  • **sorry 'bout my baaaad english knowledge**
Feature requests
« on: December 02, 2005, 11:42:38 am »

I'm using mc every day have about 80000 tracks ripped and using it in a live enviroment for my pub/club to play the background music...wonderful...but:

1.why wouldn't you give the program a "one button" feature to preview single files in another "zone" the "feature is jet inclueded in mc by supporting different zones but why not supporting to "previev" songs? I dunnot understand that.

2. in the rename requestor it would be wonderful to preview and example of the files selected and beeing renamed..to know wht will be going n if I press okay...also it would be nice to have there a "save" option to store my setting for example...samplers, singles, normal CD, heringbooks etc.

3. The replay gain is a nice thing, but isn't it possible to do something  that is compatible with other prg's and devices..like mp3gain ? (just a question)

4. I hate, while working with your software, that if I select on the left side another tree I cannot go back to the position I was before if I switch back to the old tree...in the search function it would also be wonderful to last my "search explanation" in there...how often did it happen that i was in playing now...typed a diffic. search in and then recognized that I forgot to switch to my lybrary.

5. It would be wonderful to have on the left hand side the possibillity to open more than one feature at once ...for example  a)edit the tags AND b) have the album pic shown

6. In the rename requestor (from tag or to tag) it would be a nice feature to have beneath the dialouge a list of "fields" or "special carcters" to drop via mouse into the fields [maybe also nice for the search fields]

7. I'm using mc with a lot of german songs and artist and i think in scandinavia etc. the feature would also be welcomed...the sort of "A, The" in front of the artists songs etc. could be expanded to a ...config file that is possible to be edited by the user cause here in Germany we have also "Der,Die,Das" or in spain or italy there are other words.

8. A fuzzy search for dups would be nice to see songs that have only the difference of 1 or 2 caracters in the album, artist or songname tag...this would also be nice to find double ripped music that was expanded by the brackets with a number (1) or (2)

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Is there anyone at this forum with some comment to this
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2005, 11:51:41 am »

http://www.yooz.de/bilder/logo.gif

1. your avatar is missing

The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Open the www.yooz.de home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
Click the  Back button to try another link.
Click  Search to look for information on the Internet.

HTTP 404 - File not found
Internet Explorer 
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2005, 11:55:45 am »

I Agree with your #4

And When In "Start" the search box is displayed for no apparent reason, and if you do put anything in the box if you move to "Media Library" it is lost
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Mysticeti

• World Citizen
  • music, SCUBA, movies, VR, multimedia, PCs
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2005, 03:58:13 pm »

I also agree with #3.
"And the men who hold high places. Must be the ones who start... to mold a new reality. Closer to the Heart."

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2005, 04:11:22 pm »

I don't think J River Wanted To Modify the Orginal File Like mp3gain does
Fayetteville, NC, USA

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2005, 02:16:24 am »

Exactly, if you want to mp3gain, you are free to do it outside MC.

But you will need to decide whether to track gain or album gain. And this will be a permanent move, i think the later versions of mp3gain allow you to revert back.

Or just use MC and not have the track modified at all except in a way that MC can use it.

Mysticeti

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2005, 02:07:58 pm »

Thanks for the info.

Maybe someone has some ideas on how to solve the problem I'm facing...

My MP3 collection is managed by MC and for what I ask MC to do for me it does very well.

However, I'm now in possession of two Secure Digital devices which play MP3s as well as a couple CD/DVD players which can play MP3s burned onto CD-R/RWs.

I want these four devices to play MP3s w/o having to mess with the volume constantly and as far as I know mp3gain is a good way to achieve this goal (best way?).

If MC could keep track of which of my MP3s have been fed to mp3gain that would be a plus.  If MC could feed mp3gain automatically that would be ideal.

Cheers!
"And the men who hold high places. Must be the ones who start... to mold a new reality. Closer to the Heart."

Mysticeti

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2006, 09:21:23 pm »

Make that three SD card based MP3 players.   I recently picked up a Nuvi 350 GPS system.  Very slick device!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2006, 10:02:28 pm »

4. I hate, while working with your software, that if I select on the left side another tree I cannot go back to the position I was before if I switch back to the old tree...in the search function it would also be wonderful to last my "search explanation" in there...how often did it happen that i was in playing now...typed a diffic. search in and then recognized that I forgot to switch to my lybrary.

"Back" works in MC like it does in a web browser, maintaining your view state.

Backspace, the back mouse button, Alt+Left, a toolbar button, etc. are all ways of navigating back.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2006, 10:04:06 pm »

I agree with basically every single one of your points.  Great observations, and hopefully things that will be targeted in v12 (maybe post a link to this thread in the v12 suggestion thread).

However, this one...

4. I hate, while working with your software, that if I select on the left side another tree I cannot go back to the position I was before if I switch back to the old tree

You can do this now.  Simply use the keyboard shortcuts Alt-LeftArrow and Alt-RightArrow (for Back and Forward respectively).  I've also added these as Toolbar Buttons on my Bottom toolbar which works quite well when you only have a mouse available (as my HTPC sometimes does).

Darn.  Matt beat me.   ;)

It would be ideal however if MC remembered a handful your most recent searches ala-Google with cookies enabled.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2006, 01:34:21 am »

8. A fuzzy search for dups would be nice to see songs that have only the difference of 1 or 2 caracters in the album, artist or songname tag...this would also be nice to find double ripped music that was expanded by the brackets with a number (1) or (2)
I've wanted this for a long time. It's very useful when you first start off with MC and tags are not exactly right. MC is very tags centric so a way to find misspelled tags would be very useful.

The problem is how to tell MC when you want a MC fuzzy search or an exact search. The Locate->Artist,Album,Name etc are all exact. But many times thats exactly what you want not what sounds like ie a fuzzy search. In the end..i used King's plugin to fix similar sounding tags.

Maybe a new modifier called Fuzzy is needed, that could be used explicitly in smartlists or expressions for the purposes of dupe checking & tag correction.
Pages: [1]   Go Up