INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View poping up with dual display setup when it shouldn't  (Read 1612 times)

CDvd

• World Citizen

I don't know if it's a bug or just an unpleasant behavior :

with a dual display configuration
 - first monitor running MC in standard view
 - second monitor configured to be the full screen display

and "Show when playback stops" ticked in Theater View options, this is happening :

when viewing something in full screen (on the second display) and when there's nothing to display anymore, the Theater View's main menu pops up (on the second display). It then steals focus and prevents the full screen display to display something again (since it is on the main menu). I have to left-click and choose "Close the display". Not a very efficient way to work with this kind of setup...

I first tought that the "Show when playback stops" option would apply when explicitly choosing Theater View mode, but it isn't the case. Shouldn't it be fixed?

PS: I'm running 11.1.191 but looked at the MC history before posting  8)
(Edit : Change T.V. to Theater View to clarify things up)
A computer without COBOL and Fortran is like a piece of chocolate cake without ketchup and mustard.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: T.V. poping up with dual display setup when it shouldn't
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2006, 03:47:37 am »

Show when playback stops

Where is this option?

TV main menu

Where is this? Do you mean Drives & Devices > TV Tuner?

Are these device specific? I can't find them. (I use a Brooktree chip based TV card and ATI Radeon 9600 with a two monitor setup.)
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

CDvd

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2006, 04:01:50 am »

--TV main menu
Where is this? Do you mean Drives & Devices > TV Tuner?
Sorry for the confusion, it's all about Teather View (and has nothing to do with television). (edited my post)

--Show when playback stops
Where is this option?

I'm not at home and in front of my computer so I can't tell exactly what the option says. You should find it in Option > Theater View. This option tells MC to return to the Theater View screen when the playback stops, so you don't have to stare at a black screen.
A computer without COBOL and Fortran is like a piece of chocolate cake without ketchup and mustard.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2006, 04:22:18 am »

Sorry for the confusion, it's all about Teather View (and has nothing to do with television). (edited my post)

I'm not at home and in front of my computer so I can't tell exactly what the option says. You should find it in Option > Theater View. This option tells MC to return to the Theater View screen when the playback stops, so you don't have to stare at a black screen.

Oops. I should have realized that. I wondered why you used dots with "T.V."

Personally, I don't use Theater View much. I have never found it useful for my needs. In my HTPC setup I have an LCD screen on a coffee table besides the sofa for the main MC GUI. The secondary TV screen is normally used only for the actual display output.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Theater View poping up with dual display setup when it shouldn't
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2006, 04:44:37 am »

I can reproduce this behavior also with only one display. I have never noticed it because I didn't have the "Show when playback stops" option selected.

CDvd

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2006, 07:58:56 am »

Going a little off topic :
In my HTPC setup I have an LCD screen on a coffee table besides the sofa for the main MC GUI
I'm curious about it... do you have a mouse and keyboard on this table? and is it used by someone not used to computers? Isn't it too harsh for an htpc front end?

I use Theater View (+ IR remote) since it's the only thing that is simple enough to replace a tv (I really mean television here ;)).
My tender and sweet (sounds better in french... I mean ... girlfriend  :)) would not be confortable enough with MC's standard view.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2006, 08:12:51 am »

We have a standard cordless keyboard & optical mouse combo. It's our remote.

I try not to underestimate the others in my family. Usually if I just say "it's easy" they learn surprisingly quickly things that may look complex at first sight. If I say "this is going to be difficult" they'll never learn.
Pages: [1]   Go Up