INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Split Views  (Read 884 times)

park

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I wish I had more to say!
Split Views
« on: January 27, 2006, 12:21:25 pm »

I have tried using the split mode to have one view for playing now, and one for the library. And I use the arrow to maximize/minimize the split mode so that there is always just one visible at a time. (purpose being, so that i dont need the tree). This is hard to explain, but, the arrows to maximise the split view are by default facing in opposite directions. if you change one of them to face the same direction as the other, you cant then maximise/minimize that view any more. imo, anywhere between those two arrows should be a hotspot that essentially maximise/minimizes that view. nice and simple.

Secondly, generally speaking the playing now view tends to take focus, as tracks change etc. but if i have this view minimized and then click
on a media mode button, or the playing now button, it appears that nothing has happened. actually what has happened is that it has updated the hidden (minimized) view. Highly highly confusing. And counter intuitive. Why on earth would you want to update a hidden view. And how would you know that you have to click a view to give it focus before clicking on any viewschemes etc. There needs to be a clear indicator of what has the focus. (this extends to "list style" buttons in library view too.) its so frustrating having to remember to click in different parts of the screen before clicking on buttons.

I suggest:
1) if a view is hidden, it cant have focus.
When two views are visible at the same time:
1) the bigger of the two views gets focus.
2) focus is shown by having a 2pixel wide border/frame around that view.
Pages: [1]   Go Up