INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No images in 11.1.111!!!  (Read 1067 times)

Magicland

• World Citizen
  • Gabba Gabba Hey!
No images in 11.1.111!!!
« on: February 07, 2006, 06:14:05 pm »

I just let Media Center 11 update itself to 11.1.111, and now I have NO images for any of my .mp3 files. I've tried "Quick find in file/cover art directory", which does nothing. Previously, all the files had their cover art stored in their tags, but for some reason 11.111 isn't recognizing that. On my other computer, v11.0.309 still shows the cover art correctly, so there's no problem with the actual files, it just appears there's something wrong in 11.1.111 which is preventing them from showing.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: No images in 11.1.111!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 06:16:20 pm »

11.1.115 is the current version.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 06:16:49 pm »

Click Action Window > File Properties > Image to see if MC knows about the image.

If it does, you may need to reset thumbnails.  Do this in Options > Tree & View > Thumbnails > Erase all thumbnails...

If the action window doesn't show the image, it means MC doesn't know the file has internal art or can't read the file.  In this case, an "Update Library (from tags)" might remedy the problem.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Magicland

• World Citizen
  • Gabba Gabba Hey!
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2006, 06:30:56 pm »

They've finally started showing up. I'd already tried "Library - update library from tags", but at the time it didn't seem to do anything. What's even stranger is that if I switch from Audio to Video, I have several files displaying red "x"'s (indicating the file isn't available. Strangely enough, many of those are displaying images (which normally wouldn't be strange, as they're video files, but if the files weren't there they shouldn't display anything), but still have red "X"'s. If I double-click them, they play just fine.

Just had me worried for a while. I understand it taking some time to perhaps refresh the display due to a newer version, but after 5-10 minutes of no images, I was starting to get worried. I don't have one of these huge collections, but the thought of re-adding images to over 8000 files wasn't something I was looking forward to.

Now if I could just get the videos to figure out that they're actually there (most are fine, it's just 18 out of 655 videos that think they're not there, even though they're displaying images)...

Thanks for the prompt replies, guys, excellent service as always. Guess I'll bump it to the latest version and see if anything else falls out :)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2006, 07:07:13 pm »

There's a one-time thumbnail build when upgrading to MC 11.1.

The upshot is that thumbnails are many times faster than MC 11.0 once this process finishes.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up