INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playback problem with various sample rates  (Read 831 times)

dvdr

• Recent member
Playback problem with various sample rates
« on: January 27, 2006, 10:20:40 am »

Hi

since I have a huge vinyl-collection, I started to digitize the LPs with 24bit/96kHz and a few ones that have superior sound quality with 24bit/192kHz and then flac'ed them.
When I add Flac'ed CDs (16/44.1) and those files to "playing now", playback either stops, mutes or continues with crackling noises, when Mediacenter encounters a "change" in bitrate/bitdepth (in other words, when a normal CD-file is followed by a "vinyl-file").
I need to hit "stop" and then "play", then playback continues on without problems.

The reason for this seems to be, that the change in bitrate/bitdepth is not correctly passed on to my AD/DA (a RME fireface 800 connected via Asio-drivers and firewire). Is that something, that Media Center could do WITHOUT the need for me to hit stop and play? Are these some kind of flags, that are not passed on, or is MediaCenter itself not recognizing the change in bitrate/bitdepth properly? I set up FireFace, so that it adjusts itself according to the Samplerate/bitdepth, that are present at its input ("slave-mode").

Any help is much appreciated!
Pages: [1]   Go Up