INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dargar: MC 11.1 Questions  (Read 934 times)

Dargar

• Recent member
Dargar: MC 11.1 Questions
« on: January 26, 2006, 07:25:10 pm »

Not sure if this is a bug, a feature or what. The reason I am not sure is that I have only installed Media Center 11.0 once and never used other versions.

However, in the newest pre-release this was changed/different from what I was used to:

* Media Library and Library Browser no longer exist in the left side tree view, nor can I figure out where to add it. This is a major problem on my part as I relay on the Library browser to pick albums.

* I moved my Flac files over to my new computer and in each folder, the cover art is also located. When I import to the library, cover art does not show on any of the files, although they did on my old computer. is this a bug, or did I fudge it?

Running Win XP home SP2 all updates, AMD Opteron 170. If you need more info, let me know.

If the above are not bugs, my appologies, could someone point me straight? For now, I'm uninstalling and going back to the "old" version..

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Dargar: MC 11.1 Questions
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2006, 07:31:56 pm »

* Media Library and Library Browser no longer exist in the left side tree view, nor can I figure out where to add it. This is a major problem on my part as I relay on the Library browser to pick albums.

They have been merged.  Pick Audio in the tree.  Then select "Albums" from the menu at the top of the view.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Dargar

• Recent member
Re: Dargar: MC 11.1 Questions
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2006, 08:16:25 pm »

eeew! -okay.. I did not like it, but I guess it might have been a more posetive experience if not all my thumbnails seem to have gotten lost. but then again, pretty much my whole "move" project is a big disaster. The problem I had was that I Norway, where all my cd's are, I did not have a big enough hdd. so I ripped all my music as flac on my bro's computer, then burned them to dvd's. well, bad idea. I've got missing tracks, broken dvd's (never use the cheap media discs duh..) etc. guess I can hardly blame media center for that. :)

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Dargar: MC 11.1 Questions
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2006, 09:56:00 pm »

That stinks.  A quick recommendation though for the future, when you burn data discs it's always a good idea to turn on the burning application's verification feature (look around for a checkbox that says "Verify Data" or something similar).  This will prevent bad media (or just bad luck) from causing that problem again.

(Actually, it would be very helpful if MC had a verify feature for it's burns, then I might actually use it.)

I think you will find if you play around with the new view scheme settings a bit that you can achieve much of the same (or better) functionality that you had with the older version in the new one.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up