INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remote server on 11.1.xxx  (Read 859 times)

Jaqqe

• World Citizen
Remote server on 11.1.xxx
« on: January 29, 2006, 03:23:40 am »

I thought I'd start a new topic about this issue. Here's what Alex B had to say in another topic:

Quote from: Alex B
BTW, I would like to repeat this old request:

The Remote Server is very functional, but it doesn't look attractive.

The page design could contain some colors and basic graphical elements. Then it would look more like a website. Also, Playing Now could have a cover art display or at least an additional link to the file info (I noticed that the file info already has a cover art display).

Actually, it would be nice if the page design part (XML/HTML?) could be separate from the RemoteServer.dll file. Then users would be able to make their own designs and share them here too.

Also, a password-protected login would be good to have.

I agree very much with that. No password protection seems very unsecure, since I do not want anybody messing with my playlist, even if it is just me listening in.

It certainly doesn't look very attractive, but works fine. Functionality is more important to me in this case, however I wouldn't mind some customization possibilities in this, or maybe just a nicer looking list of media.

Here's my biggest issue I ran into while trying this:
I connect to my media server with browser -> everything works fine. I select Media library -> Audio -> select an artist -> select "Play" from the end of a song title ( Big gun   [play] [insert] [add] ). What happens after this is that I get this view:

1993   [play] [insert] [add]

It seems to read the Year column and puts it here. if there is no year in the column, it says "Unassigned". What is this about?

Actually, after just clicking away, I see that by clicking I can get this kind of list of the song in question:

[Home] [Media Library] [Audio] [AC/DC] [Big gun] [1993] [Soundtrack - Last Action Hero] [Unassigned] [Unassigned] [4] [Info]

Ok, now I see what the point here might be, but the presentation in not very nice. Any plans on doing any improvment on this ?
Money... no, chocolate makes the world go round. Even here in Finland.
Pages: [1]   Go Up