INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: customized views  (Read 871 times)

topgunn

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
customized views
« on: February 06, 2006, 04:21:36 pm »

I just downloaded and installed Media Center 11.1.111. I had previously defined and named several custom views.  I tried to change the view to one of my defined views  The views I had previously defined were listed under the Customiize Current View and  using "load view" facility. However when I selected to load one of my views, the list of viewable items went blank and no view was loaded.  Where are my views and how can I get them back?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: customized views
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 04:23:33 pm »

If you're upgrading from an older MC, you may need to redefine your presets.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

topgunn

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: customized views
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2006, 08:57:27 pm »

Matt, Thanks for the quick reply. However I am not upgrading from an earlier version of MC but rather from an earlier release of MC 11.  One item to note is that my libraries are stored on a different drive from that of the default library. From what I can see the default library is stored in C:\Documents and Settings\Tom Gunn\Application Data\J River. My own Media Center libraries are stored in H:\Media Center 11 Libraries. 
I presume that the files that define views are stored with those files that define the library(s). If the files for personally defined views are stored in the default library only, then, with an upgrade I would presume they would be preserved, but might be in danger. However if the files that define views are stored with the library where they were defined, then they ought to be stored with the library definition files and hence preserved with an upgrade.  Which is the case?? or am I completely off in right field?

Where are the files which contain personally defined view stored? with the default library definition files? or with the definition files for each library? As there is an option to apply the personally defined view to "this location" or to "all locations" or "for this and similar locations" then the files that define the view must be stored with this library and this content, or all libraries and all content or ?

Thanks Tom
Pages: [1]   Go Up