INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IRMan codes?  (Read 1365 times)

sthomp

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I'm a llama!
IRMan codes?
« on: February 02, 2006, 02:19:39 pm »

Has anyone put together a list of codes that can be used for all the possible commands in the IRMan plug-in? I'm trying to program a Harmony remote, and the Harmony people tell me if I send them a list of codes, they can map them to the commands. (So when I go into my remote setup, I can then choose a command from a drop-down list and map it to a button.) I'm not really sure how to come up with the codes, so if someone has done this, I'd appreciate a copy.

Thanks.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: IRMan codes?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2006, 03:48:21 pm »

Are you using the IRMan support built into Media Center?  If so, just go through the "learning" procedure in Options > Remote Control.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

sthomp

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2006, 05:42:18 pm »

I understand how to have the IRMan learn commands. The problem is, I have no commands to send it. I'll explain...

The remote I'm using starts out blank. At the Harmony web site, you enter your hardware and set up activities. They have a big database of remote codes. Once you choose your hardware, you connect the remote to your PC and they send down the codes.

Since there are no codes associated with MC in their database, I apparently have to supply them with some codes to use. They could probably be pretty much any codes, as long as they aren't associate with one of my other devices, I guess. I just don't know how to come up with them.

sthomp

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2006, 05:45:23 pm »

Just to elaborate, I was hoping another MC user with a Harmony remote (who knows more about this stuff than I do) had created a list of codes that could be used for all the possible MC functions in the IRMan set-up, which I could supply to the folks at Harmony.

If not, does anyone know how I can create a list of codes? I don't even know what format these codes are supposed to be in. (The Harmony rep called them "hex codes".)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2006, 05:49:22 pm »

Could you just pick a random device?

For example, I used to use "mini-disc 1" on my Sony remote to control my computer with an IRMan.  Since the IRMan can learn, it didn't really matter what I chose.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

sthomp

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2006, 05:53:11 pm »

I asked if they could just put in some random codes and map them to some features, but he didn't want to do that for some reason. (I'm not sure he entirely understood what I was asking.) He just said if I sent them the codes and the function names I wanted associated with them, they could create that profile and associate it with my device configuration.
Pages: [1]   Go Up