INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.112  (Read 5865 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.1.112
« on: February 02, 2006, 04:08:50 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 11.1.  Your MC11.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

PRICES for MC11.0 and 11.1 are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

This latest build of MC11.1 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter111112.exe

11.1.112 (02/02/06)

1. Fixed: Video Podcasts get classified correctly on an iPod 5g.
2. Optimized: Improved the loading speed of the display menu that allows picking visualization, track info, etc.
3. Optimzied: Device enumeration now occurs in a low-priority background thread. (so a slow WMDM system won't stall the program)
4. Optimized: Janus-style devices synchronize their licenses in a background thread. (instead of blocking the program)
5. Optimzied: Improved initialization time of Janus-style handheld devices.
6. Fixed: The player area configuration menu could appear on mouse-up even if the mouse wasn't pressed down over the area.
7. Changed: Quick Play > Media Library > All Files now sorts the file list.
8. Fixed: When moving the mouse around in the player bar, the built-in spectrum analyzer could move faster than normal.
9. Changed: Covering the player window spectrum analyzer (or minimizing) completely stops all associated processing.
10. Changed: Spectrum analyzer is on by default in the player window. (click on it to turn it off)
11. Optimized: Built-in spectrum analyzer is fully threaded, so that it can never block the main program.
12. Improved: Library Server incorrect dialog message.
13. NEW: Podcast downloads are automatically suspended when an Internet connection is unavailable.

11.1.111 (02/01/06)

1. Changed: Removed Folder.jpg filtering on import.
2. Fixed: In-place editing the name field could start with the text scrolled to one side.
3. Optimized: Improved the speed of playlist transfers to a handheld. (still limited by handheld speed)
4. Changed: Video iPods now understand that they support m4v files.
5. Changed: Dropping files on MC that it can't parse / play no longer plays what was already in Playing Now.
6. Changed: Revised the columns shown in a CD view when doing an audio burn.
7. Changed: Reworked the data burning Action Window page.
8. Changed: Changing pane selections no longer presevers the selected file set in the file list.
9. Fixed: With Media Center maximized, switching from standard view to windowed view and back could leave an orphaned taskbar icon.
10. Changed: MC no longer attempts to play MP4 files with DirectShow, but instead always uses QuickTime. (too many buggy mp4 filters)
11. Changed: If attempting to test if a file can be played with DirectShow doesn't respond, MC will not try that file type again during the current run of the program. (to side-step buggy filters)
12. Fixed: Last Exit View works now.
13. Fixed: Default podcast filename is now [ymd] [title] instead of [ymd] [name].
14. Fixed: Podcast download now accepts the suffix of an Episode URL if it looks like a valid media type.

11.1.110 (01/31/06)

1. Changed: Podcast browser window now recognises pop-ups and allows them to open outside the program.
2. NEW: Added a feature to disable automatic Podcast episode downloads.  Does not affect click-to-download operation.
3. Changed: Re-enabled list selection by drawing a marquee box on the list.
4. Fixed: ~Fill smartlist rule for filling a handheld was not working properly.
5. NEW: Added a "Recheck Sync" option to a handheld view header and action window options menu to allow a sync to be recalculated. (after manual playlist / file info changes or if you want different random files from a smartlist)
6. Fixed: iPods wouldn't understand that they natively supported m4p files.
7. Changed: In-place editing wouldn't select the full string when the drop list showed <too many to list>.
8. Changed: During an upload, the status of files queued to be deleted would be shown as "On Device" instead of "Delete On Sync".
9. Fixed: Playlist change or delete only syncs were not being properly allowed. (so you'd have to transfer one file to get the device in sync)
10. Changed: Files converted during handheld upload will always get an image saved in their tag if the format supports it.
11. Changed: Updated the Alt+1...9 shortcuts to mirror the current tree structure.
12. Fixed: Faulty DirectShow filters could cause MC to hang during import or playback.
13. Optimized: Faster iPod initialization times.
14. Changed: The Incomplete Shutdown Dialog will only show after two (or more) consecutive incomplete shutdowns.
15. Changed: Added a hard-coded Podcast Mime-to-file-extension table in Media Center, because some users appear to have incorrect Windows registry entries to do this.

New Features in MC 11.1
Podcasting support, with OneClick Podcast subscription
Audible fully supported
Much improved handheld support for iPod, PlayforSure devices, and many others
User-configurable locations for media types on handhelds (edit pdt.xml file in MC directory)
iPod Shuffle and Nano support
Photos and album art on iPods that support it
Automatic backup of library
Directshow support for AAC files
Much faster handling of thumbnail images (requires one-time rebuild of thumbnails)
Integrated library and library browser system
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
Re: Media Center 11.1.112
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2006, 04:54:14 pm »

9. Changed: Covering the player window spectrum analyzer (or minimizing) completely stops all associated processing.

That's quite clever!  :)

elpaolo

• World Citizen
impressed.
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2006, 06:06:01 pm »

Wow--the album art image handling is sooooo much faster on my database (nearly 30,000 files).

I like the spectrum analyzer up top, as well.  Obviously, i haven't been trying the RCs...

Anyway, thanks for the great update, guys.  Treat yourself to a backrub and appletini over at Mel's Beauty Bar or something. :p

Galley

• Galactic Citizen
  • Insert witty text here
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2006, 08:36:39 pm »

I assume that there is no way to get the spectrum analyzer to work with .m4a files?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2006, 09:12:12 pm »

I assume that there is no way to get the spectrum analyzer to work with .m4a files?

If you install the correct DirectShow filters, MC can use its native playback engine for m4a files.

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2006, 10:01:04 pm »

Can I pleed for .dvr-ms support before 11.1 is closed off?

I use MC11 in theater view, AutoImport and my EPG scheduling software to provide a system my wife is able to use in the lounge to record/play TV.

Due to licensing issues my scheduling software is no longer supporting recording to mpeg files but is instead using .dvr-ms files.

This breaks my system and thus is causing some grief with the wife!

dvr-ms is becoming a standard out there from what I can see and is supported by DirectShow, so it shouldn't be too difficult to add should it?

Many thnaks
Richard

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2006, 10:07:38 pm »

Try adding the file type to MC\Data\Default Resources\File Associations.xml under DirectShow types.

If it works, we'll make the change for all users.

Thanks.

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2006, 10:43:19 pm »

Thanks Matt,

That was way too easy!

Added the association and then imported my directory with AutoImport, the filers are now displayed and play back fine.

Could you please add this to the next build, along with the ability to select dvr-ms from the Library import screen?

Thanks A LOT!

Richard

phoenix91

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2006, 02:20:50 am »

Get <Too many items to list> while tagging the fields [Artist] and [Album]. Can you please rise this limit or is there a way to do it myself?

Thank you

Pug

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2006, 03:21:40 am »

If you install the correct DirectShow filters, MC can use its native playback engine for m4a files.

I thought that starting from Version 111, M4a works only with Quicktime?!?
 ?

Confused,
Pug

micahmj11

• Junior Woodchuck
  • This is war peacock. Casualties are inevitable.
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2006, 08:18:11 am »

I am unable to import m4v video files.  When I "import media" it does not import them into MC.  This is the same problem I had in past builds.  So, instead I would drag and drop the files into MC.  M4v files would then import as data files and I would manually change them to data files.  This no longer works in the last two builds.  When I drag and drop an m4v file, nothing seems to happen.  I also made sure that m4v files were checked in the file association section of the options menu.

Pink Waters

• Finally I understand the feelings of the few
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2006, 09:14:28 am »

Still when loading *.asx playlist, MC loads track names only!, no artis/album names..
Tamer

EpF

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2006, 09:48:38 am »

11.1.109 (01/30/06)
3. Changed: When viewing a playlist group, no files are shown unless the list is double-clicked.
Just playing around with playlists in v.112. This feature introduced in v.109 is great, but when you right-click on any playlist group, it takes the same amount of time and CPU resources to display the context menu as it would take to display the file-list. Any chance of getting this changed before release? It seems weird to have to wait so long (it can be over a minute for me on some playlist groups) just to get the context menu which doesn't have any entries which depend on the files in the group.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2006, 10:08:46 am »

?

Confused,
Pug

That change was for mp4 and m4p.  It's alphabet soup.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2006, 10:09:50 am »

Just playing around with playlists in v.112. This feature introduced in v.109 is great, but when you right-click on any playlist group, it takes the same amount of time and CPU resources to display the context menu as it would take to display the file-list. Any chance of getting this changed before release? It seems weird to have to wait so long (it can be over a minute for me on some playlist groups) just to get the context menu which doesn't have any entries which depend on the files in the group.

Any menu with "Send To" needs a file set.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2006, 10:15:03 am »

?

Confused,
Pug
It looks like you have not read my reply to your post.  ;)

That change was for mp4 and m4p.  It's alphabet soup.
I think Matt meant mp4 and m4v.

m4p has always been played in QuickTime because DRM can not be handled in a DirectShow filter.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2006, 10:33:47 am »

Get <Too many items to list> while tagging the fields [Artist] and [Album]. Can you please rise this limit or is there a way to do it myself?

Thank you

Seconded please! John.

Loxuz

• Recent member
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2006, 10:55:50 am »

Would it be hard to get the "get image from folder" option to work with videos to?

EpF

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2006, 02:53:33 pm »

Any menu with "Send To" needs a file set.
Of course! I wasn't thinking :-[. 'Play' obviously needs one too.

Would it be possible to tweak this functionality so that it only needs to build the file list for the actions where it's needed? The reason I ask is that, apart from accidentally clicking on a playlist group, the worst thing about the long wait/CPU usage is when it happens and all you want to do is delete the group or add another list item.
Pages: [1]   Go Up