INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: usb uuirt plug in problems  (Read 3958 times)

paschutt

usb uuirt plug in problems
« on: January 03, 2006, 12:34:38 am »

hey there...

I can't get this plug in to install correctly...tried several times...then when media center opens up to configure it , it says 'error, can't load plugin'....any ideas?...is there any other usb remote plug ins available?

Neilio

• Peace & Perfection
Re: usb uuirt plug in problems
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 12:18:29 pm »

After I installed this Plug-in in MC 9.1 I get this error:

Error starting RC plug-in 'USB-UUIRT':
ERROR: Unable to load uuirtdrv.dll.

This plug-in will be disabled.  Use Plug-in Manager to reconfigure and restart.

I did a file search on my computer and there was no uuirtdrv.dll file to be found. :-\

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 11:35:29 pm »

download the zip file directly:
http://accessories.musicex.com/mediacenter/mc_data/plugins/rc_uuirt.zip

Unzip it. Run MC. Go to plugin manager. Add the plugin manually.
Report back.

Motorhead

• Recent member
  • Valhalla we are coming!
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2006, 12:07:54 pm »

I have this same issue.  The plug-in is labeled rc_uuirt.dll , but the program responds with "can not find uuirtdrv.dll".  I have tried re-naming the dll and re-installing the plug-in; this does not work either.  Plug-in manager also does not acknowlege the plug-in is there after "installing".

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2006, 12:11:54 pm »

Uninstall, removing registry entries, reboot, reinstall.

This problem was fixed in MC11.

Motorhead

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2006, 12:38:28 pm »

Thank you for the fast reply JimH!  This is definitely the most awesome media manager I have ever seen.  I am looking forward to using it to manage media throughout my home.

I am new to MC, and installed MC11 (11.1) from the start.  I did uninstall UUIRT, restart, and re-install as mentioned, but I still get this error when I attempt to start it:

"Error starting remote control plug-in "USB-UUIRT".  ERROR:  Unable to load uuirtdrv.dll.  This plug-in will be disabled.  Use Plu-in Manager to reconfigure and restart." 

The configure button remains grayed out in Plug-in manager, so I am unable to "reconfigure and restart".  The only thing I did not do from your directions is edit the registry.  I did not see a way to automatically remove registry entries while uninstalling, and did not want to perform a "regedit" without knowing exactly what needed to be removed.

Thanks again for the assistance.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2006, 12:55:00 pm »

When you uninstall, one of the options includes removing the registry entries for MC.

Motorhead

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2006, 04:10:51 pm »

I uninstalled Media Center 11.1, removing registry entries as well, and re-installed MC 11.1.  I then installed the USB-UUIRT plug-in through Plug-in Manager. 

I still receive the error when trying to start the UUIRT Plug-in that it can not load uuirtdrv.dll.  Just like the other person in this posting, this file does not exist on my system.  Is there something else that needs to be installed, other than just the Plug-in to make this work? 

Thank you for any insight you can provide.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2006, 04:18:59 pm »

This works for me.  Can you copy your system info from MC Help and paste it here?

Is the plug-in you downloaded for MC11 and for the right OS?  These must be selected in the upper left corner of the web page when you download.

Motorhead

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2006, 09:04:26 pm »

I had the correct operating system and MP version selected for the download.  The system information is below.  Thank you very much for taking a look at this; I'm not usually such a problem-child.       :-[

Media Center Registered 11.1.111 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2971 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1571 MB, Free - 1147 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive E: _NEC     DVD+RW ND-2100AD   Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:32  MaxSpeed:32  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2006, 09:16:26 pm »

I don't have a good answer.  What you're seeing isn't normal.  If the machine were mine, I'd try simplifying it, removing software whenever possible. 

One more thought.  Are you logged in as a user with admin privileges?

Motorhead

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2006, 10:24:38 pm »

Good question, I thought about the same thing.  I am logged in as an admin. 

The zip file provided in one of the previous messages did not have a uuirtdrv.dll.  Is it possible to just get a copy of this file somewhere and copy it into a directory where it will be detected properly? 

I am using a Cyberlink USB IR receiver/remote if that is of any assistance.  Also, for install procedure, I select "Download Plug-ins" from the Display Plugins window for remotes.  This brings up the http://accessories.jrmediacenter.com/mediacenter/accessories.php link in a browser.  I check the OS and MC version (already correct), then click download on the UUIRT option.  A message window pops by too fast to see anything, then a second window promts for MC to install a component, "Do you wish to continue".  I click yes, and it says package installed successfully. 

If I do this a second time, it fails, saying that the rc_uuirt.dll is in use (which I would think is good).  It still does not mention uuirtdrv.dll anywhere until I try to start the pug-in, when it tells me it can't be found.

Sorry for the book, I just want to help out all I can.

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up