INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.113  (Read 9054 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.1.113
« on: February 03, 2006, 03:52:49 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 11.1.  Your MC11.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

PRICES for MC11.0 and 11.1 are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

This latest build of MC11.1 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter111113.exe

11.1.113 (02/03/06)

1. Changed: Added a tooltip to the top menu bar that explains that the bar is customizable. (shows after 2 seconds)
2. Changed: After editing an image, MC will save the previous tags into the updated file. (if you "Save As..." instead, tags will not be transferred)
3. Fixed: During FTP image upload, the progress display could show incorrect values.
4. NEW: Added .dvr-ms as a supported Windows Media Video file type.
5. NEW: Media Center does an OS-level eject on devices like an iPod when the system suports it. (so it's removed from the "Safely Remove Hardware" system, etc.)
6. NEW: Added the ability to eject drive-style handheld devices like a MuVo, Samsung, etc. (OS-level eject as well)
7. Fixed: After a "Save As ..." operation, the text on the title bar of Image Editor was messed up.
8. Changed: JPEG images are saved at higher quality in Image Editor.

11.1.112 (02/02/06)

1. Fixed: Video Podcasts get classified correctly on an iPod 5g.
2. Optimized: Improved the loading speed of the display menu that allows picking visualization, track info, etc.
3. Optimzied: Device enumeration now occurs in a low-priority background thread. (so a slow WMDM system won't stall the program)
4. Optimized: Janus-style devices synchronize their licenses in a background thread. (instead of blocking the program)
5. Optimzied: Improved initialization time of Janus-style handheld devices.
6. Fixed: The player area configuration menu could appear on mouse-up even if the mouse wasn't pressed down over the area.
7. Changed: Quick Play > Media Library > All Files now sorts the file list.
8. Fixed: When moving the mouse around in the player bar, the built-in spectrum analyzer could move faster than normal.
9. Changed: Covering the player window spectrum analyzer (or minimizing) completely stops all associated processing.
10. Changed: Spectrum analyzer is on by default in the player window. (click on it to turn it off)
11. Optimized: Built-in spectrum analyzer is fully threaded, so that it can never block the main program.
12. Improved: Library Server incorrect dialog message.
13. NEW: Podcast downloads are automatically suspended when an Internet connection is unavailable.

11.1.111 (02/01/06)

1. Changed: Removed Folder.jpg filtering on import.
2. Fixed: In-place editing the name field could start with the text scrolled to one side.
3. Optimized: Improved the speed of playlist transfers to a handheld. (still limited by handheld speed)
4. Changed: Video iPods now understand that they support m4v files.
5. Changed: Dropping files on MC that it can't parse / play no longer plays what was already in Playing Now.
6. Changed: Revised the columns shown in a CD view when doing an audio burn.
7. Changed: Reworked the data burning Action Window page.
8. Changed: Changing pane selections no longer presevers the selected file set in the file list.
9. Fixed: With Media Center maximized, switching from standard view to windowed view and back could leave an orphaned taskbar icon.
10. Changed: MC no longer attempts to play MP4 files with DirectShow, but instead always uses QuickTime. (too many buggy mp4 filters)
11. Changed: If attempting to test if a file can be played with DirectShow doesn't respond, MC will not try that file type again during the current run of the program. (to side-step buggy filters)
12. Fixed: Last Exit View works now.
13. Fixed: Default podcast filename is now [ymd] [title] instead of [ymd] [name].
14. Fixed: Podcast download now accepts the suffix of an Episode URL if it looks like a valid media type.

11.1.110 (01/31/06)

1. Changed: Podcast browser window now recognises pop-ups and allows them to open outside the program.
2. NEW: Added a feature to disable automatic Podcast episode downloads.  Does not affect click-to-download operation.
3. Changed: Re-enabled list selection by drawing a marquee box on the list.
4. Fixed: ~Fill smartlist rule for filling a handheld was not working properly.
5. NEW: Added a "Recheck Sync" option to a handheld view header and action window options menu to allow a sync to be recalculated. (after manual playlist / file info changes or if you want different random files from a smartlist)
6. Fixed: iPods wouldn't understand that they natively supported m4p files.
7. Changed: In-place editing wouldn't select the full string when the drop list showed <too many to list>.
8. Changed: During an upload, the status of files queued to be deleted would be shown as "On Device" instead of "Delete On Sync".
9. Fixed: Playlist change or delete only syncs were not being properly allowed. (so you'd have to transfer one file to get the device in sync)
10. Changed: Files converted during handheld upload will always get an image saved in their tag if the format supports it.
11. Changed: Updated the Alt+1...9 shortcuts to mirror the current tree structure.
12. Fixed: Faulty DirectShow filters could cause MC to hang during import or playback.
13. Optimized: Faster iPod initialization times.
14. Changed: The Incomplete Shutdown Dialog will only show after two (or more) consecutive incomplete shutdowns.
15. Changed: Added a hard-coded Podcast Mime-to-file-extension table in Media Center, because some users appear to have incorrect Windows registry entries to do this.

New Features in MC 11.1
Podcasting support, with OneClick Podcast subscription
Audible fully supported
Much improved handheld support for iPod, PlayforSure devices, and many others
User-configurable locations for media types on handhelds (edit pdt.xml file in MC directory)
iPod Shuffle and Nano support
Photos and album art on iPods that support it
Automatic backup of library
Directshow support for AAC files
Much faster handling of thumbnail images (requires one-time rebuild of thumbnails)
Integrated library and library browser system
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

LonWar

Re: Media Center 11.1.113
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2006, 04:00:05 pm »

Not a problem, but maybe a oversite?

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=31721.0

When importing when the tree is hidden, It looks like MC isn't doing anything cause you can't see the AW. Can you either add a pop up, or force the tree to become visible so the AW is shown?
-

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2006, 04:56:43 pm »

4. NEW: Added .dvr-ms as a supported Windows Media Video file type.

Thanks Matt!

JONCAT

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2006, 10:16:29 pm »

Last few builds....Updating External File Changes is dragging big time, taking as long and more than the other processes.

Not sure but something feels weird in the last three builds with this.

EDIT - forgot to mention MC keeps "re-importing" about 700 files every time I import - maybe this has to do with the Recently Imported bug noted below- which I too have observed.

Dr. C

Media Center Registered 11.1.113 -- C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 11\

Workstation 5.2 Service Pack 1 (Build 3790)
AMD Unknown 2497 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 440 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.3790.1830 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.3790 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.3790 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.3790 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D: _NEC    DVD_RW ND-3520AW  Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive N: LITE-ON DVDRW LDW-811S    Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: No /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive D: _NEC     DVD_RW ND-3520AW   Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:17  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive N: LITE-ON  DVDRW LDW-811S     Addr: 3:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2006, 11:51:08 pm »

1. Changed: Added a tooltip to the top menu bar that explains that the bar is customizable. (shows after 2 seconds)

The tooltip that pops up on the bottom toolbar is redundant (says "Right-click here or at bottom to customize.").  Should say "...at top...".

sirioga

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2006, 05:32:14 am »

Hi there;
Some current problems:
> mp4 files are not visible in "video" folder after process
> when you transfer *.jpg, *.mp4 files to Ipod there is not a simple management of duplicate like: "file exist do you you want to create a duplicate ??" ...
Courage

Sirioga

TimMedcalf

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2006, 07:00:28 am »

1) Editing text in the top-right search box seems to be sluggish now. The characters take a moment to appear.

2) The "Recently Imported" playlist at the top level of the playlists lists doesn't seem to be working now. No tracks appear and no "criteria show where they should.

coolblue

• World Citizen
  • "You're soaking in it!"
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2006, 07:14:11 am »

1) Editing text in the top-right search box seems to be sluggish now. The characters take a moment to appear.

I have noticed this as well.

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2006, 08:33:34 am »

When syncing podcasts to my iPod nano, Eject the nano, connect nano again, MC wants to transfer the Podcasts again to my nano, even if they are already on there.

If I do this, they are put twice on there in other folders on the nano.

Also when I view the Podcasts on my nano from within MC, they have the Video icon next to it in stead of the Audio icon (they are mp3 files)
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2006, 02:05:19 pm »

Just did an import that removed 6 files and imported 49 new ones.
The recently imported list that is created is empty. No tag info, no filenames.
The files are all in the library if I go to artists and look for them.

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2006, 03:20:03 pm »

On a notebook display (1400x1050) the font of the top display window is too big. The two lines are intermixed.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2006, 04:06:58 pm »

iPod issue:

I'm seeing some odd behavior when syncing an iPod.  When I remove one or two tracks from my iPod smartlist and re-sync the unit, there is a LONG pause where MC seems to be locked up.  According to the task manager, it is actually "Not responding," but it eventually does recover.  A similar thing happens when doing a sync where only one or two tracks are added, but it seems like it might not be quite as long of a pause.  I'm not sure what it's doing during this time, but with earlier versions of MC this was not an issue -- these types of "short" syncs would finish quickly without the "Not responding" issue.

Audible issue:

As somebody else reported recently in another build, I'm still seeing the issue where clicking on the "Audible" branch brings up a window that says "you are not eligible for this offer."  I remember seeing something about this happening if you already have an Audible account (which I do) but I just wanted to say that this is still happening.

UPDATE:  Just to add to this, when I sync a single file to the iPod, after about 10 or 15 seconds I get a "Not responding" message for MC in the task manager that lasts for somewhere around 40 seconds.  During this time, MC is completely unresponsive -- i.e. it's just frozen and I can't even minimize it.  The "Not responding" message eventually disappears and control is returned, but it seems odd that it takes such a long time to simply have MC sync a single file, and that the computer considers MC to be "not responding" during this time.

NOTE that I tried two iPods, and BOTH of them were fully "restored" by the iPod updater and then initialized by MC 11.1.113 before their first syncs with 11.1.

Larry

dpippel

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2006, 05:04:32 pm »

Same behavior here.

alanl

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2006, 06:20:19 pm »

Same here.

doubrown

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2006, 07:19:00 pm »

I have a problem that I first noticed in 11.1.111. When I browsing down through rows of thumbnails, fewer and fewer thumbnails are visibile in each row. For the first 8 rows, all thumbnails are visible. After that progressively more are mising until by about row 20 none are display. If I click on a blank spot in a row, a blue square is display. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling as well as deleting all of the thumnails and rebuilding.

I also am no longer able to save "Customive Current View" "For All Locations". Media Center acts like it has saved the view but when I navigate away and come back, the view has defaulted back to its original configuration.

druptight

• Recent member
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2006, 12:15:21 am »

I can't get M4A to import since 11.1.111.  Got a new computer and downloaded the new version, it won't import M4A files, it finds them all, then says "failed to import" for all of them.  Any idea what the issue is?

doubrown

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2006, 12:40:03 am »

One more thing, the problem with thumbnails only occurs if the the "small tiles" or "medium tiles" option is selected. "Large tiles" is fine.

Sauzee

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2006, 07:47:50 am »

When importing files they do not get marked as recently imported anymore.

Also MC imports real video files, but it doesn't import real rmvb files.

ichkriegediekriese

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2006, 11:24:41 am »

Hi!

Since vers. 113 I encounter an akward sound problem.
Sometimes when changing a song manually or a playlist is running and the next song starts, the sound suddenly stops for 1sec and then there is only garbage coming out of the speakers.
After restartin MC ervrything is back to normal.
I now switched of DirectSound and will test it again.

greetz

dmm

• World Citizen
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2006, 11:26:00 am »

Here is the current list of bugs/glitches (at least as seen on my system) for the playback of .dts files ripped from DVD's:

1.  Forward/Back Track BUG:  Hitting the "next track" or "previous track" button while a .dts file is playing causes MC 11.1 to hang.  ctrl-alt-delete needed to kill MC and restart.

2.  Last 10s BUG:  When MC gets near to the end of the .dts file, the player craps out with an error message about not being able to find the file.

3.  Web server BUG:  using a remote machine to access the port 80 MC server via a browser.  Select a .dts song.  MC crashes on the server machine.

4.  Directshow filter REQUEST:  please make selecting and configuring directshow filters and renderers to be used by MC playback for audio and video files selectable by the end user.

JONCAT

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2006, 12:54:31 pm »

Shouldn't we be able to stream video. I can do it perfectly with MS shared folders but MC fails. My audio streaming with MC is fine, no glitches. Cover art issues?

thanks

Dr. C

02/05/06 13:49:03 - Received request for a file: L:\Transients\Incoming\dmd-hustleflow-cd1\dmd-hustleflow-cd1.avi
02/05/06 13:49:03 - Received request for cover art: L:/Transients/Incoming/dmd-hustleflow-cd1/dmd-hustleflow-cd1.avi
02/05/06 13:49:03 - Unable to serve cover art, file not found

michel

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2006, 01:34:54 pm »

Handheld transfer

MC doesn't remove artwork from the ogg files transferred to the handheld even if enable album artwork support if possible option is unchecked.

CadErik

• World Citizen
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2006, 06:34:18 pm »

There is a bug with file associations and Opera...
When I ask MC to take control of asx and other windows media player files, the association doesn't work with Opera 8.51. When I click on a asx file in Opera, nothing happens.

Erik.

CadErik

• World Citizen
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2006, 06:46:02 pm »

Ok another bug... if you select another audio device than the primary directsound device then the volume is not working.

Erik.

ADDiCT

• World Citizen
  • I'm a bad llama!
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2006, 01:45:48 am »

Quote from the "11.1.110"-thread:

Just a bit of nitpicking: in the "bottom bar" of MC's main window, MC normally shows information about the files in the currently visible list (number of files, size, duration). If, however, a track is playing, and the user makes any changes to the tags of this track, MC will show "writing tags (files x of x)" or something like that. Thing is, that this display won't "go away" when switching views. It will stay until the file has been played, and MC has finished writing the tags. After that, MC will show the totals again.

It would be much more logical  if MC would continue to show the totals in such a situation, plus "writing tag changes (file x of x)" (or whatever). I guess that would be a small change from the programmer's view...   ;)

Please don't forget about this! There were some supportive posts from other users regarding this effect, so apparently i'm not the only one who thinks this should be fixed.

ADDiCT

• World Citizen
  • I'm a bad llama!
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2006, 01:49:11 am »

I'm seeing some odd behavior when syncing an iPod.  When I remove one or two tracks from my iPod smartlist and re-sync the unit, there is a LONG pause where MC seems to be locked up.  According to the task manager, it is actually "Not responding," but it eventually does recover.  A similar thing happens when doing a sync where only one or two tracks are added, but it seems like it might not be quite as long of a pause.  I'm not sure what it's doing during this time, but with earlier versions of MC this was not an issue -- these types of "short" syncs would finish quickly without the "Not responding" issue.

Sorry, i'll have to state this again: the functions that cause MC to "block", as i call it, should be threaded, if that's possible. If it's not possible, then a "please wait, working"-requester should be the minimal solution for that.

Pink Waters

• Finally I understand the feelings of the few
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2006, 02:03:28 am »

sometimes when playing asx playlists.. MC renames certain track as their previous one name.
Tamer

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2006, 05:24:45 am »

Sorry, i'll have to state this again: the functions that cause MC to "block", as i call it, should be threaded, if that's possible. If it's not possible, then a "please wait, working"-requester should be the minimal solution for that.

Just out of curiosity, are you seeing the same behavior I described?

Thanks,

Larry

mobyfrag

• World Citizen
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2006, 06:22:27 am »

The option “Play all” or “Play the selection” of the sidebar of the Windows folders still does not function…  :'(

ADDiCT

• World Citizen
  • I'm a bad llama!
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2006, 12:39:01 pm »

Just out of curiosity, are you seeing the same behavior I described?

Larry, sorry, but in regard to "small syncs", i can't tell this, as i'm using a massive amount of smartlists (500+) for my synchs (i'm quite used to the wait times).

What i'm seeing, however, is what i call "blocking" - MC is busy, but won't respond to mouse clicks, and won't even refresh it's own window. I've been b*tching about this for a while now, and i'm pretty sure JRiver is aware of that effect. In the end, it's really annoying to the end-user, especially to the "not-high-tech"-guys - it leads to a "wtf is the app doing now, is it still running?"-situation.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2006, 04:22:30 pm »

Handheld transfer

MC doesn't remove artwork from the ogg files transferred to the handheld even if enable album artwork support if possible option is unchecked.

The "enable album artwork option" determines whether the album art file (WMDM) or artwork DB (iPod) get created.  It does not change the files or how files are tagged.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

michel

« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2006, 04:54:51 pm »

The "enable album artwork option" determines whether the album art file (WMDM) or artwork DB (iPod) get created.  It does not change the files or how files are tagged.

Ok. I got confused because I asked a few weeks ago for a feature allowing to automatically remove artwork inside file when they are transferred to the handheld. I asked that because many players (Samsung and Iriver) don't play ogg files including artwork.
Pages: [1]   Go Up