INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Scaling of artwork in the playing now window.  (Read 958 times)

PhatPhreddy

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Cosmic Comic
Scaling of artwork in the playing now window.
« on: September 24, 2002, 11:07:26 am »

Any chance that the size of this could be dfined / fixed as a percentage of screen real estate and then the image scaled to fit ?

Gone to the effort of getting 300 or so high rez covers in the last 3 days and they are all too big even for my SXGA screen...

As a side note I think I must have made a record... over 400 albums with loads of double and triple albums in that pile ripped in 2.5 days... Thats ripped / tagged / high rez CD artwork !!! 2 machines (one with 2 ripping drives) full time with partial use of a 3rd machine on the network everytime I went past the HTPC... I felt like Charlie Chaplin in that skit where he has to constatly feed / oil the big machine... Days of swap disk... Get cover... Disc in / disc out.... Phew...

All done though... The networked jukebox is one step closer....  
Phreddy@PhatPhreddy.net ICQ# 168975535
HTPC Front ends  

DocLotus

• Retired and; Loving It!!!
Re: Scaling of artwork in the playing now window.
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2002, 11:38:51 am »

I would like the same cover size adjustment for hi-rez covers (any cover over 300 x 300).

MJ seems to be optimized for 300 x 300 covers.  Anything larger & they take over the whole screen.

For the time being, you might try copying the covers to a temp backup folder & try to do a batch resizing on all the covers to 300 x 300 for now.  Then, after MJ (and if MJ) adds a fix for the problem, you could then copy the original hi-rez covers back to you cover folder.
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

DocLotus

• Retired and; Loving It!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2002, 12:40:38 pm »

Another thought on cover art size...

I find that cover art can be hi-rez & still stay on the screen in a controlled manor.  The partial solution is to only view cover art in the Properties / Image screen.  This screen seems to limit cover art to the selected box size.

What I am now doing (and I really like it a lot) is to only view cover art in the Properties / Image screen & to keep the top screen only for visualizations.  This also has the added benefit of a much larger visualization image.

Try it, you might like it.

Once I broke myself of the habit of viewing track info in the top screen it was ok.

Keep in mind that I am using MJ9.

MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

PhatPhreddy

• Cosmic Comic
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2002, 07:37:16 pm »

OK how do I set up your way ?

I have beenusing the dreamstate playing now window as this does seem to scale them (but too small) and looks OK...
HTPC Front ends  

JimHus

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2002, 07:48:54 pm »

In the TrackInfo templates it's just regular Web code. You can have it scale to whatever size you want.

You can also have it not scale at all.

Or is the web-scaling renderer a problem?

PhatPhreddy

• Cosmic Comic
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2002, 09:21:20 pm »

OK thats mighty nice... I did not know that track info templates were customizable.... Will have to have a play...
HTPC Front ends  

PhatPhreddy

• Cosmic Comic
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2002, 10:00:35 pm »

OK synapses suddenly firing... If that is simply web code... Can it be exposed for external viewing ?

Can the JRiver team perhaps make this happen if not (should be easy right).... Have a /Playing_Now folder in the MJ folder wherby the playing now code that is used is updated...

With this lots more front end work is possible with Web Remote commands and it would look cool too... I had no idea that this was simply web code... How Cool....
HTPC Front ends  
Pages: [1]   Go Up