INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stops when reading a file on removable disk  (Read 716 times)

twherreman

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Stops when reading a file on removable disk
« on: February 07, 2006, 10:34:29 am »

Dear friends

I have noticed a problem with the new version which installed this weekend. I use a removable hard drive for some of my music which doesn't fit on my internal HD. This removable HD is sometimes connected, sometimes not.

The previous version would just ignore tracks in the playlist that are located on my removable hard drive when this hard drive is not plugged in. MC would just jump the missing track and go to the next track that's accessible.

With the new version, when the next track in the queue is such a one from the disconnected drive, a second or two before the end of the track that's playing, presumably when it notices that the path of the next track goes nowhere, it stops immediately (ie before the curent track is quite done) and gives this error message:

Media Center was unable to play any of the files.
Please make sure that the path in Media Library points to the right location and that the files are not being filtered by Access Control.

I am not using  Access control.

Changing settings between Wave out and direct sound makes no difference.
How can I remedy this? I don't mind the error msg but I'd rather everything doesn't stop dead just like that. I don't want to have to remove anything from my playlists to accommodate this problem.

Thanks
Tine

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Stops when reading a file on removable disk
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 04:16:27 pm »

This will be fixed in tonight's build.

Sorry for the hassle, and thanks for letting us know.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up