INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC .115 mishandling 'podcast' genre  (Read 1095 times)

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
MC .115 mishandling 'podcast' genre
« on: February 08, 2006, 09:49:55 pm »

I use another program as my RSS aggregator and import the files into MC (nothing against MC, but currently the dedicated RSS aggregators are much more fully featured).  Problem is that MC is mishandling all of the files that I give the genre 'Podcast'.  It was ALL of my podcast files that were acting up, regardless of format which is why I suspected MC was doing something peculiar based on that specific word in the genre field.

Basically what is happening is that the 'Podcast' genre files are showing up on my iPod (as seen through MC) with video icons instead of the musical note.  MC does not recognize these as being the same file on the PC and re-sends them to the iPod each time.  They show up immediately after sync with a music note, but when you detach/reconnect (or shutdown/restart MC) the icon changes to a film reel and MC sends yet another copy of the file to the iPod (not overwriting the ones that are already there).  Changes to the files on the iPod are also not being synced back to the files on the PC (since it sees them as different files).

I renamed the genre to 'Pod-cast' for these files and MC now handles them correctly so it is definitely doing something weird based on the genre.

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
Re: MC .115 mishandling 'podcast' genre
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 09:54:42 pm »

Now that I've posted this, just noticed that .116 is up and mentions an issue with podcast files and iPods.  I am downloading now and will test and post back my results.

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
Re: MC .115 mishandling 'podcast' genre
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 10:06:00 pm »

From a quick test it looks like this is fixed in .116  ;D.
Pages: [1]   Go Up