INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Default drag and drop is move  (Read 665 times)

Lachlan87

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
Default drag and drop is move
« on: February 09, 2006, 11:09:34 am »

Today my sister was dragging things around in the playing now list, and accidentally moved her cursor down to the Windows toolbar, causing the desktop to show. Unthinking, she let go of the mouse button so she could bring media center back up.  All the files she had selected were moved from their original locations on my hard disk to the desktop!  :o

This meant a whole bunch of broken links in media center, even after I moved the files back to their original locations. I had to re-import them all, and have media center update it's information on the files in all the playlists I had the files in. All in all, a huge pain for such a simple mistake.

Could you pretty please change it so it won't move the original files to the desktop by default? It's great as an option for right-click dragging, but it's painful as the default.

Thanks for reading, and for making such a great product,

Lachlan

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Default drag and drop is move
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 11:25:46 am »

We support standard drag-n-drop.  This is very useful as it allows you to drag into and out of MC to many other programs.

Unfortunately, Microsoft chose to make a drop on the desktop move files without even a confirmation message box.  I'm not sure if there's anything we can do about this.

A Ctrl+Z on the desktop right after the move probably would have undone it.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up