INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question: How to save play list to Server?  (Read 810 times)

pilk

Question: How to save play list to Server?
« on: October 20, 2005, 10:52:53 am »

I have Media center server running on a little machine with all my MP3/Video/Picture data. I then use the Media center to connect to that server and stream music, etc across the WLAN/LAN. However I can not seem to figure out how to make and save a play list from a client machine?

I can create play lists on the server that then can be seen by anyone who connects, but if I am on a client machine create a new play list or edit an existing one -- nothing is saved to the local or server machine. When I manually export the play list and import it onto the server -- all the ID3 and track information is lost and I am left with a listing like:

Song1
Song2
Song3

etc...

I can not seem to find much information about this in the doc -- I am sure I am doing something wrong just need to be pointed in the right direction.

Also does anyone have advice on easy ways to move tracks and albums between the categories that Media center puts them in by default?

Thanks

jelevin

Re: Question: How to save play list to Server?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2006, 01:07:53 pm »

Same and more general question:  When accessing a library via the media/library server is it read-only?  Can I edit tags, playlists, smart lists, delete files, add files, etc.?

I tried modifying a smartlist on the client, but my change didn't seem to stick.

Thanks!

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Question: How to save play list to Server?
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 12:51:41 am »

the server is read-only.

the client loads the library, and from there, you can edit most things on the client and see the results, but no changes are ever written back to the server (except play counts)
Pages: [1]   Go Up