INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.119 and 11.1.120  (Read 5849 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.1.119 and 11.1.120
« on: February 13, 2006, 02:03:47 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 11.1.  Your MC11.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

PRICES for MC11.0 and 11.1 are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

This latest build of MC11.1 is here:
[ build pulled by JimH for iPod problems ]

11.1.120 (02/13/06)

1. Fixed: Seeking to the end of a file and pressing next at exactly the same time could cause a failure.
2. Fixed: TiVo Total Duration was off by a factor of 1000.
3. NEW: Includes new MPC decoder. (thread safe, decodes latest MPC files, supports 32-bit output, etc.)
4. Fixed: Podcasts were not properly handling international characters.
5. Changed: "Analyze Audio" tool will not try analyzing files that are not played in MC's native playback engine.
6. Fixed: With duplicate Podcast episodes in the database, it was possible to download the same episode repeatedly.
7. Fixed: In some cases, an iPod would not do an OS-level eject because the plugin thread's working directory prevented the eject.
8. Changed: Added "Remove Device" and "Rename Device" to the handheld options dialog.
9. NEW: Send To menu has zone specific playback commands when there are more one configured zone. (allows simple "Preview on headphones" style functionality)

11.1.119 (02/13/2006)

1. Changed: "Clean File Properties" can no longer operate on "File Type" and "Media Type". (changing these can cause other problems)
2. Fixed: iPod playlists would not always be loaded properly. (could show same file multiple times in playlist)
3. NEW: Included Romanian translation file. (thanks Catana Silviu!)
4. Optimized: The playlist upload portion of an iPod sync is much faster.
5. Fixed: Web Media links would not work.
6. Changed: Text in several areas of the program better sizes to hold translated text. (Library view tiles, Action Window, etc.)
7. Changed: MC behaves more logically when pressing next in the last few seconds of a file's playback.

11.1.118 (02/10/06)

1. Optimized: Improved the speed of the display menu when G-Force is installed.
2. Changed: When an iPod (or other device) fails to be loaded, unplugging it and plugging it back in will try to load it again.
3. Changed: Revised the wording when plugging in an iPod that could not be loaded. (no database, etc.)
4. Changed: Revised the message displayed when picking "Handheld Player" in the Action Window when no player is connected.
5. NEW: Podcasts on an iPod are flagged to be skipped during shuffle / and to always get bookmarked. (will only get flagged for podcasts newly uploaded to an iPod)
6. Fixed: One empty playlist could end up on the iPod after a sync.
7. Changed: "Digital TV" tab is no longer displayed in TV Options if no digital TV device is available (the tab caused crashes if selected).
8. Fixed: The "Display" menu could cause a crash.
9. Changed: Removed frame-rate selection from some visualizations.
10. Fixed: After a sync, playlists could fail to get built properly.
11. Fixed: Pausing audio playback, pressing Next, then pressing Next again would cause playback to corrupt when using DirectX output.
12. Fixed: Podcasts were incorrectly computing total disk used, and deleting episodes en masse as a result.

11.1.117 (02/09/06)

1. Changed: "MP4 Source" filter gets higher loading priority than "Haali Media Splitter" in DirectShow playback of m4a files.
2. New: Podcast downloads now use a progress bar to show status.
3. New: Deleted Podcast episodes are shown as deleted and are not automatically downloaded a second time.
4. New: Deleted Podcast episodes can be unmarked as deleted by clicking on their Episode Status.
5. New: Manually requested Podcast episode downloads can be cancelled by clicking on their Episode Status.
6. Fixed: Podcast episode status field was not always updated promptly after a status change.
7. Fixed: Orphaned Podcast episodes were not always purged correctly.
8. Changed: Removed the "Send To" menu from playlist groups in the tree. (since calculating the union of files for lots of child smartlists could be slow)
9. NEW: All thumbnail views adapth their thumbnail sizing to prevent dead-space on the right side. (just like library browser style views do)
10. NEW: Added "Playlists" as a possible startup location to options.
11. Fixed: After stopping and starting playback again, track info pages would not always rebuild to show updated information.
12. Fixed: DVD playback was broken.
13. Fixed: The Reset TiVo Beacon button would crash.
14. Fixed: After failing to load a library server library, MC could offer to restore from a backup instead of simply switching back to the current library.
15. Fixed: Playing images and audio at the same time over library server would not work as expected.
16. Fixed: When starting dual playback of audio and images by double-clicking an image, the desired image wouldn't always start.
17. Changed: Tuned how shuffle works for images during audio + image playback.
18. Changed: mp4 media type can be played in DirectShow. The user must enable it in Options. The default is to use Quicktime.
19. Fixed: Sound recorder crashed at end or recording if simultaneous encoding was not selected.
20. Changed: Improved error reporting and logging for WinTV PVR family TV tuners.
21. Changed: Removed v1 MPL playlist parsing support.
22. NEW: Podcasts get listed under the Podcasts item on the iPod.

11.1.116 (02/08/06)

1. Changed: Capped the maximum size a tooltip can ever be. (when a file has a very large comment, etc.)
2. Changed: Removed the "Start auto-pan on zoom" option from image playback. (use 'P' to start Ken Burn's style image transitions)
3. Changed: When double-clicking a single audio file in a playlist of images and audio, the images will play in slideshow mode. (but not if you double-click a single image)
4. NEW: Included Spanish translation file. (thanks to ferent)
5. NEW: Included updated German translation file. (thanks to ByteStar)
6. NEW: Included partial Chinese translation file. (thanks to Yaobing)
7. Fixed: In rare cases the first conversion when transferring to a handheld to fail.
8. Fixed: Re-importing DVD movies from hard disk which already existed in the MC database failed.
9. Fixed: DVD movies would import but not play from network drives.
10. Fixed: When DRM tracks without licenses were dragged to a portable device, clicking the Transfer button gave no indication of the problem.
11. Changed: When changing File Associations, we also handle Mime Type associations.
12. Changed: Media Center no longer recognizes memory stick, compact flash, and similar ports as devices when the port is empty.
13. Changed: Deleting a portable device will remove it and ignore it.
14. Changed: The 'Edit Selected Item' menu item was renamed to 'Rename'.
15. Fixed: Library browser type views could fail to draw properly when scrolling down on some machines.
16. Fixed: Library browser type views could have a single pixel border on their left that wouldn't redraw properly.
17. Fixed: Podcast files could get categorized incorrectly on an iPod.

New Features in MC 11.1
Podcasting support, with OneClick Podcast subscription
Audible fully supported
Much improved handheld support for iPod, PlayforSure devices, and many others
User-configurable locations for media types on handhelds (edit pdt.xml file in MC directory)
iPod Shuffle and Nano support
Photos and album art on iPods that support it
Automatic backup of library
Directshow support for AAC files
Much faster handling of thumbnail images (requires one-time rebuild of thumbnails)
Integrated library and library browser system
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
Re: Media Center 11.1.119
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 03:54:20 pm »

6. Changed: Text in several areas of the program better sizes to hold translated text. (Library view tiles, Action Window, etc.)

Thank you, works great!

Quixote

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: Media Center 11.1.119
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 04:35:15 pm »

7. Changed: MC behaves more logically when pressing next in the last few seconds of a file's playback.

And what a great change that is.  Thanks!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Media Center 11.1.120
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2006, 06:11:16 pm »

Updated this thread to build 120 at 6:12 CST.

Thanks to Bob for the updated MPC plugin!

JONCAT

Re: Media Center 11.1.119 and 11.1.120
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2006, 06:51:58 pm »

Since .118 Library Server is not serving cover art for me.

Getting an unable to server error with the same strange filename as below.

Similarly on View Schemes through Lib. Server:

Why won't they display properly with filename location strings, it used to work this way. I have tried toggling "parent search" box and no go.

[Media Type]=[Audio] [filename]="jamaican archive"

Filename looks like this on the "served" machine:

m01p://192.168.1.7:7771/L^3a^5cAudio^20Archive^5c
Jamaican^20Archive^5cReggae^20Interviews^5cBob^20Marley
^20interview^209-15-80^5cBob^20Marley^20-^20Marley^
201980^20Interview^20-^2001^20-^209-15-80^20Bob^20
Marley^20Interview.flac

Dr. C

Media Center Registered 11.1.120 -- E:\MC11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 1794 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 52 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D: HL-DT-STRW/DVD GCC-4240N  Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive D: HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4240N   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:1  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: Yes /

serf

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2006, 06:54:28 pm »

120 crashes when attempting a sync.  118 does not.  Could just be my system.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2006, 07:34:29 pm »

120 crashes when attempting a sync.  118 does not.  Could just be my system.
If you mean a sync to an iPod, 120 works for me.  Try an uninstall, reboot, reinstall.

ingram3480

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2006, 07:39:04 pm »

I'm getting a crash on sync too.  :(  5g 60gb iPod  I rebooted and it crashed again on the sync attempt.  >:( >:(

(I'll do the uninstall thing but 118 and earlier was fine.)

-- Larry

~~~~~~~~~~~~~EDIT~~~~~~~~~~~
Uninstall, reboot, install successful - I've done a couple of syncs without a problem....
go figure....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Media Center Registered 11.1.120 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 3190 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1038 MB, Free - 436 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive D: Philips  DVD+RW DVD8601     Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2006, 09:34:42 pm »

Since .118 Library Server is not serving cover art for me.

Getting an unable to server error with the same strange filename as below.

Similarly on View Schemes through Lib. Server:

Why won't they display properly with filename location strings, it used to work this way. I have tried toggling "parent search" box and no go.

Filename searches won't work the same when connected to library server due to name translation for use over the server.  Use a library field.

ADDiCT

• World Citizen
  • I'm a bad llama!
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2006, 11:12:59 pm »

Import: MC will import some files twice. I ran an import on my "usual"  network share (this has worked flawlessly 1.000 times before). About 150 files that were already in the library were re-imported. The dupes even had the same "last played" info. This may have happened because i was synching my iPod while doing the import - is this something we should not do?

iPod related: 11.1.120 deleted all playlists on my iPod. I had to re-initialize. I'm currently re-synching, will msg if there's additional troubles.

Regarding iPod sync: the calculation time may be a little bit faster than previous builds, but MC is still "blocking" while doing it's thing (not responding to mouse clicks or minimize/maximize, no screen redraw, other windows will leave "trails" when being moved over MC's window). Please, please, PLEASE add some kind of "working, please wait"-message, or (this would be even better) thread this function, if that's possible.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2006, 01:08:18 am »

MC is still "blocking" while doing it's thing (not responding to mouse clicks or minimize/maximize, no screen redraw, other windows will leave "trails" when being moved over MC's window). Please, please, PLEASE add some kind of "working, please wait"-message, or (this would be even better) thread this function, if that's possible.

This is exactly what I've been reporting as well.  The task manager actually lists MC as "Not responding" during this time, which makes it "seem" as if MC has locked up since it does this for quite a while (40 seconds or so on this system.)  It "seems" like a bug since the last song never finishes saying it was uploaded -- it just freezes when it's "almost" done, and when the system finally responds again, the sync is complete.  The behavior is rather disconcerting.

Larry

Ram1

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2006, 01:25:52 am »

Ditto to the Doctor's post:

m01p://192.168.1.2:8082/F^3a^5cMediaServer^20Music^5cAudioslave^5cAudioslave^5c01^20Cochise.wma

:-[

It was like this in .117 as well.  Incidentally, thanks for fixing the slideshow/music play that I documented back in .116 (fixed in .117)

-e.

ferent

• Galactic Citizen
  • Go to Linux
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2006, 03:16:59 am »

Nothing is imposible  ;)
Works great, I´ve tested in lots of songs, and only doesn´t work in few songs  ;D
Go to linux

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2006, 03:54:05 am »

Shoutcast streaming files have not worked properly in at least the last few builds (I noticed the same behavior with 118.)  When I click on a Shoutcast "Tune In" link, the file "opens" using MC but nothing happens.  If I instead download the pls file to the desktop and THEN open it, it plays fine.  I can no longer just click on a Shoutcast "Tune In" link, however, to get the station to play.  I have to download it to the desktop first, which is a pain.

Just to clarify, when I click on a Shoutcast "Tune In" link, the "download file" box comes up.  If I hit "Open," the dialog box closes and nothing happens.  If I hit "Save," let the pls file save to the desktop, and then hit "Open" when it tells me it's finished downloading, it starts playing.  The file association is obviously set correctly -- MC just acts differently when openning the file directly vs openning it AFTER downloading it.

This did not happen a little while back with an earlier version of MC (it may have been a version of MC 11.0.)

Thanks,

Larry

UPDATE:  This issue may be a problem with the MC installation itself.  To troubleshoot, I tried uninstalling MC, but the uninstall process won't finish.  I started a new thread talking about this issue titled "Trying to troubleshoot -- can't uninstall MC11.1."  Here is the link to this thread:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=31970.0

ADDiCT

• World Citizen
  • I'm a bad llama!
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2006, 04:38:08 am »

Import issues: i got rid of this effect by reverting back to an older library backup. Until i did this, MC insisted in importing (and duping) about 150 files (always the same files). I tested this with every single build from 120 down to 116, before reverting to the old library version. Something must have happened with my library in the last two days, i.e. with the last two or three builds i had installed (120, 119, 117). I assume that this effect is connected to iPod-synching, as i did nothing else "unusal" with MC in the last few days, apart from changing artist, album and rating info. I was keen on seeing the improved iPod sync functions (tagging of Podcasts, faster playlist calculation, etc.), so basically i was installing every new build in the last few days (including 119 and 120), and doing a sync right afterwards.

The last sync i ran overnight with 120 (takes a while to sync 40GB (; ) wasn't successful. When i checked in the morning, MC had finished the sync without an error message, but the iTunesDB on the iPod was empty (= all files on the iPod, but no entries in the iPod menus, and no playlists). I also noticed that there were only a few bytes of space left on the iPod, though MC said before synching there would be over 500MB available after the sync. After i ejected and re-inserted the iPod, MC said it wants to re-initalize the iPod, because it couldn't read any data from it.

I'm currently doing another sync (~ 3h). Will msg if there's additional effects.

ADDiCT

• World Citizen
  • I'm a bad llama!
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2006, 06:14:33 am »

MC just "stalled" while synching, without any apparent reason, and without any message or something. Playback of the current track went on until the end of the track, and after that, the last few notes of the track were looping. MC sits there with 0% CPU and a low amount of RAM (~7MB) usage. Had to end the task via task manager to resume "normal" operation. Will sync again with an older version - another 2h+ waiting time. Great.

After i insert the iPod, PC will "block" for about two minutes. At first, i thought this is because MC gets ratings, playcounts, etc. from the device. But that can't be the case, as i just re-connected the "empty" iPod (=empty iTunesDB), and still saw the blocking time.

After my "forced shutdown", MC wants _again_ to import 150+ files that are already in the database. This means all my recent changes are lost, because i have to revert to an older version of my library.

JONCAT

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2006, 06:29:20 am »

"Filename searches won't work the same when connected to library server due to name translation for use over the server.  Use a library field."

Okay how is this supposed to work when my view schemes are named after disc locations i.e. Filename field.

This used to work perfectly.  :-\

thanks
DR. C

JONCAT

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2006, 07:21:03 am »

I am getting a crash on Convert from Ape's (verified checksums) to Ogg Vorbis high. Both unannounced crashes and the "Tell Microsoft error".

Also seeing crashes when importing from networked drives; took two or three times to import media, same media as main pc that imports 100%.

Dr. C

Media Center Registered 11.1.118 -- C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 11\

Workstation 5.2 Service Pack 1 (Build 3790)
AMD Unknown 2498 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 408 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.3790.1830 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.3790 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.3790 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.3790 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D: _NEC    DVD_RW ND-3520AW  Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive N: LITE-ON DVDRW LDW-811S    Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive D: _NEC     DVD_RW ND-3520AW   Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:32  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive N: LITE-ON  DVDRW LDW-811S     Addr: 3:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:9  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

lOth

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2006, 07:58:21 am »

11.1.120 reinitializes the login and password in the audioscrobbler plug-in at each start. With no login and password the plug-in causes MC to crash in the middle of the first song played.

Maybe there's nothing wrong with 120? Maybe it's the sign you should replace the third-party AS plug-in with your own? who knows?  ::)
Pages: [1]   Go Up