INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: stream flac to client - not possible?  (Read 904 times)

dvdr

• Recent member
stream flac to client - not possible?
« on: February 13, 2006, 05:22:58 am »

Hi

In the client, I have to choose the option "convert if necessary" and choose mp3 or ogg, otherwise, I cannot stream my flac-files to the client via LAN.
I would love to stream the uncompressed flac-files, though, to my HiFi in the other room. Bandwidth is not a problem, since I am not going wireless there.

Why wouldn't MC 11 stream my flac-files without transcoding them (at least, I cannot get them streamed when choosing "do not compress")?
Any solution, what I should do?

Thanks for your help!

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe

dvdr

• Recent member
Re: stream flac to client - not possible?
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2006, 12:17:20 am »

Thanks Bob

sounds like the solution I need, but strangely enough, all over sudden, now I get another problem: even when choosing "convert if necessary" I do get an error-message, that MC can't find the path to the file.
Streaming worked fine with mp3 until now, so I am stuck at the moment  :(
I use the latest 11.0.xxx version (I don't want to upgrade to 11.1. as long as Library Browser is still missing) on both computers, the client finds the Mediaserver without problems, also downloads and shows the library, the server also receives the file-requests and communicates with the client, as far as I see it in the log-window.
Can you help in any way?

Thanks!
EDIT: Flac-plugin does not work with 11.0.316 - playback of flac-files is not possible, MC gives out an error message
Pages: [1]   Go Up