INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.123  (Read 8747 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.1.123
« on: February 16, 2006, 02:50:10 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 11.1.  Your MC11.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

PRICES for MC11.0 and 11.1 are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

This latest build of MC11.1 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter111123.exe

11.1.123 (02/16/06)

1. Changed: Podcast Episode status now has better tooltips.
2. Changed: All tooltips now word wrap across multiple lines.
3. Changed: We now ignore all empty XML tags in Podcast Feeds. (CNN now works)
4. Changed: There are a few more Podcast feed download and keep options.
5. Fixed: Using custom command-line parameters for the MP3 encoder without specifying lame.exe at the front wasn't working. (now defaults to lame if nothing is specified)
6. Fixed: With DSP enabled and clip-control off, audio would not properly flat-line on overflows. (introduced in 122)
7. Optimized: Several more assembly optimizations to the core playback / decoding / conversion engine. (lower CPU usage, faster conversions, etc.)
8. Fixed: A timing message box could appear at the end of a file conversion.
9. Fixed: WAV streamed from Library Server was not played in MC's native playback engine.
10. Fixed: In rare cases DirectShow playback could crash when switching tracks.
11. Fixed: The podcast "file download" right-click option did not always do what you would expect.
12. Changed: Ogg encoding couldn't be done "on-the-fly".
13. NEW: Updated Ogg Vorbis encoder to version 2.8 (libvorbis version 1.1.2)
14. Changed: Library server uses less aggressive filename escapement. (only escapes unicode and non-printing characters)
15. Changed: Library server escapement is applied just-in-time instead of on library load.
16. Fixed: Typing invalid custom command line parameters into the MP3 encoder could cause a hang when doing a conversion.
17. NEW: Updated the German translation file. (thanks ByteStar!)

11.1.122 (02/15/06)

1. Changed: Handheld options only shows connected devices. (since MC doesn't know everything it would need to about disconnected devices)
2. Changed: Removed a nesting level in Options > Playback.
3. Changed: Options tree controls have slightly more vertical spacing between items.
4. NEW: Help file updated for v11.1 (thanks Lise!)
5. Fixed: Right click ripping options weren't available when viewing multiple drives in list control.
6. NEW: Included Dutch translation. (thanks BennyD!)
7. Changed: Playlists of all images get image-style default columns instead of audio-style columns.
8. Changed: If no version number is set in the Podcast file, we reset the download Tag configuration to the default.
9. NEW: Deleted Podcasts episodes can now be hidden from view.
10. Changed: Added ability to turn off TV, Podcasts, Web Media, and My Computer to Options > General > Advanced > Features. (experiment -- may not remain)
11. Changed: If a DirectShow video file hung on opening (due to a bad filter / bad file), MC would not be able to stop or shutdown properly.
12. Fixed: Some interface plugins would not be disabled when checking "stop 3rd party plugins" on the incomplete shutdown dialog. (AudioScrobbler, etc.)
13. NEW: Added option to use super-fast Go-Go encoder to MP3 encoder. (2x-3x faster for doing on-the-fly conversion for handhelds, UPnP, etc.)
14. Changed: Reworked the MP3 encoder options dialog.
15. Changed: Podcast download button is now gone.  It is replaced by a "Download" hyperlink.
16. Changed: All click-able entries in the Episode Status column are now shown as hyperlinks, and have custom tooltips.
17. Optimized: Several assembly optimizations to the core playback / decoding / conversion engine. (lower CPU usage, faster conversions, etc.)
18. Fixed: Clip-protection would not work as expected for the DSP applied to a CD burn. (attenuation would not rebound at the same rate as it would during regular playback)

11.1.121 (02/14/06)

1. Fixed: Duplicate Podcast episodes are now handled gracefully.
2. Fixed: Deleting files from a handheld (manually or on a sync) could cause a crash.
3. Fixed: Cover art was not working properly over library server.
4. Optimized: Handheld playlist upload is fully threaded. (eliminates pauses after uploading the last file in a sync)
5. Changed: MC shows a wait message when calculating a handheld sync.
6. Fixed: Uninstall could show an error message.
7.  New: Added Dutch to languages (Thanks, bennyd)

11.1.120 (02/13/06)

1. Fixed: Seeking to the end of a file and pressing next at exactly the same time could cause a failure.
2. Fixed: TiVo Total Duration was off by a factor of 1000.
3. NEW: Includes new MPC decoder. (thread safe, decodes latest MPC files, supports 32-bit output, etc.)
4. Fixed: Podcasts were not properly handling international characters.
5. Changed: "Analyze Audio" tool will not try analyzing files that are not played in MC's native playback engine.
6. Fixed: With duplicate Podcast episodes in the database, it was possible to download the same episode repeatedly.
7. Fixed: In some cases, an iPod would not do an OS-level eject because the plugin thread's working directory prevented the eject.
8. Changed: Added "Remove Device" and "Rename Device" to the handheld options dialog.
9. NEW: Send To menu has zone specific playback commands when there are more one configured zone. (allows simple "Preview on headphones" style functionality)

11.1.119 (02/13/2006)

1. Changed: "Clean File Properties" can no longer operate on "File Type" and "Media Type". (changing these can cause other problems)
2. Fixed: iPod playlists would not always be loaded properly. (could show same file multiple times in playlist)
3. NEW: Included Romanian translation file. (thanks Catana Silviu!)
4. Optimized: The playlist upload portion of an iPod sync is much faster.
5. Fixed: Web Media links would not work.
6. Changed: Text in several areas of the program better sizes to hold translated text. (Library view tiles, Action Window, etc.)
7. Changed: MC behaves more logically when pressing next in the last few seconds of a file's playback.

New Features in MC 11.1
Podcasting support, with OneClick Podcast subscription
Audible fully supported
Much improved handheld support for iPod, PlayforSure devices, and many others
User-configurable locations for media types on handhelds
iPod Shuffle and Nano support
Photos and album art on iPods that support it
Automatic backup of library
Directshow support for AAC files
Much faster handling of thumbnail images (requires one-time rebuild of thumbnails)
Integrated library and library browser system
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
  • Dad to three beatuiful Boxers by rescue.
Re: Media Center 11.1.123
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 03:03:20 pm »

3. Changed: We now ignore all empty XML tags in Podcast Feeds. (CNN now works)

Thank you from a self admitted CNN junkie.  ;D

gany

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2006, 11:19:04 pm »

is there a chance to activate the alarm-feature of the ipod?

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2006, 01:55:04 am »

is there a chance to activate the alarm-feature of the ipod?
you've mentioned this for quite some time now.
I'm not sure what might affect the ipods alarm, but mine works just fine here.
I only mention this as perhaps you have something affecting this that I don't?
do you have itunes installed?

trott

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2006, 02:27:03 am »

I still have the problem that, when analyzing m4a files, after a certain (not always the same but usually not more than about 15) amount of files MC freezes. (even the windows keep updating).
Which is a bit of a show-stopper...

prod

• Play nice
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2006, 03:19:18 am »

me also. not sure why this keeps coming up ...

gany: have you enabled the Clock option in your main menu (on your ipod)? to do this, select Settings > Main Menu > Clock > On. then, go back to your ipod main menu and select Clock > Alarm Clock > Alarm > On. you can select the sound you want for the alarm at (from main menu) Clock > Alarm Clock > Sound. good luck.

gany

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2006, 10:50:23 am »

you've mentioned this for quite some time now.
I only mention this as perhaps you have something affecting this that I don't?
do you have itunes installed?

i've installed itunes to purchase music. the ipod is initialized with mc and i only sync the ipod with mc.

the alarm-function with the "beep-signal" works fine. when i choose a playlist as alarm signal, nothing happens.

gany

p.s.
both 5G iPods don't work (30gb & 60gb).

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2006, 11:28:37 am »

I still have the problem that, when analyzing m4a files, after a certain (not always the same but usually not more than about 15) amount of files MC freezes. (even the windows keep updating).
Which is a bit of a show-stopper...

Can you send me a log file? Make sure Playback and Import log types are turned on.

My email address is yaobing at jriver dot com
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Krazykanuck

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2006, 05:35:23 pm »

I am ripping from 2 drives, allow 2 encoding sessions with max 4 concurrent processes.

On the rip screen one of the encodes stays in an encoding status although the file was encoded. Things keep going but I am left with only one encoding session until everything is done.

At the end if I close the rip session MC crashes.

The log shows the encoding starting and ending but no errors.

JONCAT

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2006, 10:46:14 pm »

1. Mapped network drives, which are enabled and visible in Wndows Explorer are not mapped by MC until I actually navigate into the mapped drive, then MC will playback files in library. This could be a windows issue.

2. Long file names are failing import; any way to group Failed Import files in the log so we can find which failed instead of sifting through the entire list. I keep impoting the same 213 files every time.

3. John Gately - I installed the Ogg encoder that Marko rec. (aoTuV b4.51) and it does NOT crash MC whereas the one in MC does.

EDIT - I don't crash MC with the external Generic encoder but no ouptut Ogg is created; need to look into this further. I see the temp Wav file as the aoTuv is converting after MC, and then....nothing in the output folder, no wav or ogg. Using this string: %IN %OUT -b 256 -nopsy   

Just tried the LAME MP3 encoder & a FLAC w/ MC11 and it worked okay; no crash, and I have a file.

I can't seem to use MC to upload to my site....bug?

I have uploaded the .ape file here:

www.catuccio.net/Etta James &  The Roots Band  - Burnin' Down The House - 04 - I'd Rather Go Blind.ape

Getting .tmp files next to ogg after crash:

www.catuccio.net/Clipboard01.bmp

thanks
Dr. C

Media Center Registered 11.1.123 -- C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 11\

Workstation 5.2 Service Pack 1 (Build 3790)
AMD Unknown 2498 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 586 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.3790.1830 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.3790 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.3790 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.3790 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D: _NEC    DVD_RW ND-3520AW  Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive N: LITE-ON DVDRW LDW-811S    Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive D: _NEC     DVD_RW ND-3520AW   Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:17  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive N: LITE-ON  DVDRW LDW-811S     Addr: 3:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

gany

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2006, 12:41:39 am »

4. Fixed: Podcasts were not properly handling international characters.

i still have problems with the german characters "äöü".

jokerace

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2006, 03:17:40 am »

I keep having problems with the Media Server since build 11.1.18 or 19.  If you choose the check box to Run Library Server on start and put in a port and then setup the same details under plug-ins, you may see unexpected results.  It will start sometimes but not others.  It may crash while changing Lib Server settings etc.  It is generally unreliable and only seems to work now if I do not check the box to start the lib server on startup but close media center with the lib server in a running state.  If I use the MC11.exe /MediaServer method, usually the media server starts but it fails to actually share the library.  Sometimes I can then open media center and manually start the lib server.  I have also started having trouble streaming video.  It takes forever and may not load.  This seems to be with any type of video (random).  Music (all types) still works fine (when the server starts right).

*note: It may have been mentioned already but if you choose to convert all or only if necessary - all audio ends up being converted. 
*Also When I use mp3 320 to do the stream conversion the tracks are no longer seekable.  If I set it not to convert, the tracks are seekable again.

Very strange and unpredictable.  Again, I had no issues before.

It's running on MS Server 2003 SP1.  I have watched the debugger but there is no discernable pattern. 

Any ideas?

P.S. The link on the Media Scheduler icon to start the Media Server is a relic (bad link) that should be repointed to the newer server ver.

**P.P.S.  There were some real advantages to having the Library Server function as a mostly independent app as it used to.  If you consider this it would also allow Lib Server to be started as a service and interact with the network while local users could open media center and work out of the same library without issues.  There may be good reasons that this changed - are there?

Thanks for the only media app that can handle my library and my needs!  Keep up the great work!!

-J

Update:  The streaming video problem appears to be a result of my lack of patience.  Appearantly, something has changed that has signifigantly increased the amount of time it takes for a video to buffer and start playing when playing over the Lib Srvr.  When on ver 11.1.18 I was very impressed at the speed that video was streaming over my 54 Mb wifi link.  On this version, it was so slow that I didn't think it worked at all.  I tried it on one of my 100 Mb hard wired PCs and although it took a really long time to start, it did start.  It worked great before.   :-\

mobyfrag

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2006, 11:27:09 am »

I do not arrive at reading a podcast with mp4 files (video): is this normal? I obtain the error message :

The podcast can be obtained here: http://www.zdnet.fr/feeds/rss/podcast/8-fi/

::) :-\

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2006, 12:27:57 pm »

Another (boring) request to add to the number of artist/album etc possible names before you get the "too many possible to list" response from the drop down box. I'm not the only one with this issue. Thanks. John.

JONCAT

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2006, 04:45:19 pm »

Suddenly as soon as I access Video with MC (all stored on net drive) MC crashes with a fatal error. Been using .23 for a while and this started yesterday. Using FFDSHOW and looks like multiple instances are starting up in the systray.

Media Center Application Error:
"The eception Integer divisoin by zero (0xc0000094) occurred in the application at location 0x6fcbf2d."

I am going to try a reboot and disable FFDSHOW but thought I should report this behavior that has been working fine since .23 came out.

Dr. C

JONCAT

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2006, 10:15:24 pm »

Windowed View prevents Playing Now from popping up & also from uploading image to FTP.

Dr. C 8)

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2006, 03:56:02 am »

I have a few XviD encoded movies here that are causing crashes simply by being listed. In details mode, the crash waits for either a "hover for tooltip" or a double-click.

Loading one of the offending files into an old copy of VirtualDub causes it to throw an error regarding a vbr audio stream.

The system error logs refer to xvid.dll

I have the latest xvid codecs installed.
Windows media player and Nero Showtime  both play these files without a problem.
MC has previously played these files without a problem, now it crashes.

It's one of those "media center has encountered a problem and needs to close" varieties

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2006, 04:02:26 am »

Windowed View prevents Playing Now from popping up & also from uploading image to FTP.

Dr. C 8)
I can't reproduce that. pops up and uploads fine.
What are you playing, what is the display set to (cover art, track info etc.) and are you sure the filetype is not in playingnow's exclusion list?

JONCAT

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2006, 06:33:44 am »

Cover art is set to be displayed, I was working in Word and had the Win. View up (always on top)....my sig was not updating and it would only do so when the Windowed Mode was minimized. I tried it about 5 times and it responded instantly to the switch each time (playing Now doesn't "catch up" when you min. the Windowed View). Playing Now  and won't work in Full Screen mode or Windowed Mode whther or not MC is also front & center.

For me, playing Now only works in Theatre View, Normal view, and Mini View.

Dr. C

Pink Waters

• Finally I understand the feelings of the few
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2006, 08:34:59 am »

MC makes a pop or a click between tracks that are connected musically when using gappless playback..
Tamer

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2006, 08:57:04 am »

MC makes a pop or a click between tracks that are connected musically when using gappless playback..

Most likely it is the file format you use. Are the files MP3?

Try to encode e.g. the Dark Side Of The Moon album with the LAME and Musepack encoders (Musepack is available at the plugins download page). You'll notice that the MPC files are perfectly gapless, but the MP3 files are not. The option "Do not play silence (leading and trailing)" helps a bit, but not completely and it removes any intended silence too.

I guess we are going to get a new thread...
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2006, 09:12:10 am »

I do not arrive at reading a podcast with mp4 files (video): is this normal? I obtain the error message :

The podcast can be obtained here: http://www.zdnet.fr/feeds/rss/podcast/8-fi/

::) :-\

Those podcast episodes play fine here.

Do you use DirectShow or Quicktime for mp4 playback?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Pink Waters

• Finally I understand the feelings of the few
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2006, 11:20:09 am »

Most likely it is the file format you use. Are the files MP3?

Try to encode e.g. the Dark Side Of The Moon album with the LAME and Musepack encoders (Musepack is available at the plugins download page). You'll notice that the MPC files are perfectly gapless, but the MP3 files are not. The option "Do not play silence (leading and trailing)" helps a bit, but not completely and it removes any intended silence too.

I guess we are going to get a new thread...
To be honest, I used to play gapless mp3 albums with no problems.. (Never noticed a gap between 2 continued tracks) .. but in the latest build i noticed that issue I am talking about when I played "Dust And Dreams" By Camel, though...
Tamer

Pages: [1]   Go Up