INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hand held sync issues with 11.1  (Read 2504 times)

Psyffer23

• World Citizen
Hand held sync issues with 11.1
« on: February 13, 2006, 06:49:32 pm »

Well, my Creative Zen Xtra used to sync just fine with MC until I upgraded to 11.1.  At first it would not work at all.  MC would recognize the handheld but, when I hit 'sync' it would first say it was 'working' for a few seconds and then nothing would happen at all.  So, I downloaded and installed the latest Creative drivers and then upgraded to the latest Build of MC (11.1.119) and now it works but is transferring MUCH, MUCH slower on the same PC.  What used to take 20 to 40 minutes is now taking 4 to 5 hours.  I'm running MC on a Pentium III, 996Mhz,  Windows XP PC with 512 M of RAM.  Any suggestion s on how I can speed this up?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Hand held sync issues with 11.1
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 07:35:45 pm »

That sounds like USB 1.0 vs. 2.0.

Psyffer23

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2006, 09:25:59 pm »

No it's not.  I still have th same USB 2.0 connection I had before I upgraded to 11.1.

Actually, the problem is even worse than I previously reported.  The files copied but, the Playlists themselves do not appear on the handheld - they did not sync.  So, what can be the problem here?  I'd appreciate any suggestions.

razumik

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2006, 09:43:36 pm »

Psyffer,

Just a shot in the dark, but is it currently set to automatically convert files during the sync?  You can find this under the handheld options.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2006, 10:36:00 pm »

Make sure you have the latest firmware on your Zen.

Media Center uses the standard WMDM system to communicate with Creative players in v11.1.  It's up to Creative to provide efficient drivers and firmware for the older players.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

pgrisham

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2006, 05:41:44 pm »

I also have a new Zen Touch and have similar syncing issues.  I just updated the latest version of MC (as of 2-15) and I already have the latest creative firmware.  I can sync files, but a playlist will not transfer to the zen.  I've tried pretty much every combination of sync options and even dragging and dropping.  I can use Creative's software (I'd rather not, of course) and create a playlist that shows up fine.  Should MC show playlists that are on the player?  I haven't tried viewing the creative files in MC since I created my playlist.

brainsoup

• World Citizen
  • Sexy! No No No...
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2006, 10:15:06 am »

Having the same problem with playlists here... hadn't tried to sync one in MC11.1 until now but no playlists transfer across. I have also tried absolutely everything and have updated my firmware and drivers... still no joy. :(

Psyffer23

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2006, 02:25:03 pm »

Updating my handheld firmware seems to have solved most of the issues.  It still seems slower though.  Thanks for all the help and suggestions.
Pages: [1]   Go Up