INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

I'd enjoy navigating "into" Tiles with a double-click

Seems really intuitive to me, I'd love it!
- 6 (66.7%)
I like the idea but it may not be for everyone.
- 0 (0%)
Please don't do this.
- 3 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Navigating Tiles in 11.1  (Read 980 times)

JONCAT

Navigating Tiles in 11.1
« on: February 12, 2006, 10:30:14 pm »

My thoughts:

Play link enables playback of a Tile (Genre, Album, Artist, etc.)
A double-click is just going to make MC greased lightning.

I was giving my uncle an MC tutorial tonight and just strated feeling the lag and wear of navigating through Genre>Artist>Album by opening the menus and selecting the needed field.

I don't want the View function to dissappear but I think double-clicking "into" Tiles warrants a try. They feel like folders to me and we can still play their contents with the Play link.

Dr. C

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Navigating Tiles in 11.1
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2006, 11:08:04 pm »

Double-click always plays in MC.

There is single-click "into" using the links at the bottom of the tiles.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JONCAT

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 06:08:30 am »

I see if you turn off Show All Links it makes things a little smoother, but consider this argument. For something as widely and oft used as browsing through Tiles, should the user need to focus on a word e.g. Albums or Files? The user is looking through the Tiles and wants to go "into" one. My thought is that it's a trade off and other forms of media and tag fields must be consider. I use audio so my perspective is based on that use.

I do often double-click an album to playback but more often navigate MC and feel that this would be more intuitive because I could still Play with a single click. For now I'll use what you suggested Matt, and thanks. I suggested the drop down menus a while back I guess you can call me a workflow freak or just.....lazy!

Dr. C

JONCAT

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2006, 07:30:35 am »

And you can only click through to Files when you down through your added fields. Genre>Artist>Album/Artist>Album (here I can now choose files)

It would be nice to have Files when in Genre.

What if the Play button could be configurable to display Play, or any other field (or these three most common fields). 8)

Then you can still double-click to play. Although I guess if you highlight multiple albums and need to play them yo uneed a play button but who does this anyway...just kidding.  Doh, but i guess they can be added to PlayingNow right  ;D

Dr. Cilantro
Pages: [1]   Go Up