INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trouble Syncing new iPod 60GB with MC11.1  (Read 1736 times)

pilotbum

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Trouble Syncing new iPod 60GB with MC11.1
« on: February 20, 2006, 11:16:21 pm »

I just bought a 60GB iPod Video and am having several issues with the sync:

I selected to sync all files and playlists. However, the only playlists that actually sunc were the MC defaults (i.e.: Recently Imported, Recently Played, Recently Ripped and Top Hits, but none of the MC playlists that are in Playlist Groups). All of my personal playlists that I've made did not sync. However, all of my playlists that I've made are organized in Playlist Groups.

I then tried putting these playlists into the sync que and when I attempt to sync I get the message from MC "None of the tracks can be transferred. Common errors include insufficient rights or unsupported file types."

I have yet to install iTunes or even attempt to use it as I want to use MC exclusevely, but I am running out of ideas to make it work. If I Reinitialize the iPod it'll work again, for one sync only. I have also tried the sync option where I select the playlists and that won't work either.

Please help.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Trouble Syncing new iPod 60GB with MC11.1
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2006, 04:28:51 pm »

Once you have the sync configured, look at the handheld under Drives & Devices in the tree.

It will show all the files.  If there's a problem with a file, the status column should give more details.

Let us know what you see there.  Make sure you have "Convert if necessary" enabled in Options > Handheld if you're using APE or other types not supported by an iPod.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

pilotbum

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2006, 01:14:09 pm »

Okay, I've got the prolbem partly figured out. When I selected the sync mode - All (files and playlists) it included video files too because they were in the recently played and top hits playlists. Once I deleted those it worked. Is there a way to specify to sync all audio files and playlists only?

That still leaves me with the other issue I had, when the sync mode is set to 'All', it's not syncing all my playlists, only the ones that are not in a playlist group. Is this a limitation of MC, it cannot automatically sync all playlists, just the one's not in groups?

razumik

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2006, 07:47:56 pm »

pilotbum,

I am able to reproduce your problem.  If I select Sync Mode - All, the IPOD only shows playlists that are not a part of a playlist group.  However, it still transfers the songs that in those playlists.

I never noticed this before because I generally sync using Sync Mode - Playlists and manually select the playlists to transfer.  I will let you know if I can find what is causing the problem with mine.

pilotbum

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2006, 09:46:44 pm »

Thanks and good luck. I played with it for hours and couldn't figure it out. So in the meantime I've reverted to syncing through the playlists and choosing the one that has all audio. I'm trying to go without having to ever install iTunes. But I think I need it for firmware updates, right?

razumik

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2006, 02:56:31 am »

Apple actually uses a separate program for firmware updates that does not require you to install itunes...though it runs unecessary programs in the background even after you have run the updater.  I generally install the latest updater, update the firmware, and then uninstal.  It is only something that has to be done every few months.
Pages: [1]   Go Up