INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover Art 3 - First Image I ever used 'attaching' itself to all files.  (Read 1719 times)

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

I started to use Cover Art 3 today in manual mode to try to find some cover art for my files.  Weird things are happening in CA3.  The very first image I ever 'Download & Apply'ed shows up as 'Current Art' for all files and every time I change to a new file by pressing the 'next' button there is a long delay while it says 'uploading cover art'.

In a session, if I actually 'Download & Apply' an image to a file, that image starts to show up as 'current art' for all remaining files.  Once I exit and come back, it goes back to showing that first image ever done as the 'current art' again.

In some cases, it is assigning this incorrect image to the file without me telling it to apply - but not happening 100%.  Basically now I have at least a few files (out of thousands) with the wrong artwork and no way to easily find which ones this has happened to.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
Re: Cover Art 3 - First Image I ever used 'attaching' itself to all files.
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2006, 11:35:40 am »

started to use Cover Art 3 today in manual mode to try to find some cover art for my files.  Weird things are happening in CA3.  The very first image I ever 'Download & Apply'ed shows up as 'Current Art' for all files and every time I change to a new file by pressing the 'next' button there is a long delay while it says 'uploading cover art'.

In a session, if I actually 'Download & Apply' an image to a file, that image starts to show up as 'current art' for all remaining files.  Once I exit and come back, it goes back to showing that first image ever done as the 'current art' again.

In some cases, it is assigning this incorrect image to the file without me telling it to apply
You can change the settings on the settings page, it is fully configurable you can turn it on or off, local art or remote art.

Basically now I have at least a few files (out of thousands) with the wrong artwork and no way to easily find which ones this has happened to.

there is a log file for what it has applied.

there is a help file on the first screen if you need help
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2006, 02:29:57 pm »

I've looked at the help file, and best I can tell in manual mode I should have to do SOMETHING to permanetly attach an image to the file.  This is not what is happening.

I put some files into the playing now list.
I go to Services > Cover Art Finder 3 and click on the Main Tab
In Manual mode, I click Next until I find a file that has matching art that I want to apply, select the image then click DownLoad & Apply.  So far so good.
From this point on, every time I click 'Next' that same image gets applied to every file in the library that does not already have artwork without me clicking on anything to tell it to.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2006, 03:15:35 pm »

I Just Tested It

From this point on, every time I click 'Next' that same image gets applied to every file in the library that does not already have artwork without me clicking on anything to tell it to.

The Same Image To The Same Artist And Album

If The First Album Is Beatles - White Album

It Does Not Apply That To The Next Song If The Next Song Is From

Pink Floyd - Best of Pink Floyd, the

If the Image Is Wrong On The Server, Simply Delete It And Select The Correct One.

At Any Rate All You need To Do Is Uncheck The Option, That Will Take It Out Of Semi Manual Mode And Put It In Full Manual Mode.

Manual Mode

[X] If I Don't Have Art For The Media File

Change To

[_] If I Don't Have Art For The Media File
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up