INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Save changes to smartlist w/o dialog?  (Read 848 times)

PollyQ

• Junior Woodchuck
Save changes to smartlist w/o dialog?
« on: February 18, 2006, 12:21:53 pm »

Is there a way to save changes to a smartlist without getting the "Confirm Smartlist Changes" dialog boxes popping up, e.g., Ctrl-S?  It's annoying to have to move off the list, click the OK button (which, btw, does not respect the Windows "snap to default" setting), and then move back to the list to see its updated results.

I find myself tweaking my smartlists pretty often, and it's a pain to have to do so much mousing just to save them.

hit_ny

• Citizen of the Universe
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Save changes to smartlist w/o dialog?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2006, 01:59:21 pm »

what about the case when you inadvertantly make a change to a smartlist and then click elsewhere ?

does the smartlist record the latest change ? or does it ignore it ?

..if it ignore then how does one explicitly save a smartlist in a way that does not require too many steps :)

PollyQ

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Save changes to smartlist w/o dialog?
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2006, 09:58:22 am »

what about the case when you inadvertantly make a change to a smartlist and then click elsewhere ?

does the smartlist record the latest change ? or does it ignore it ?

..if it ignore then how does one explicitly save a smartlist in a way that does not require too many steps :)

Well, I wouldn't mind if it just saved the change.  After all, you can change file tags, even for thousands of files at a time, and there's no confirmation for that.

If you really wanted some save interface, one way would be to add a "Save Changes" button next to the "Play" and "Refresh" buttons, which would be grayed out or hidden if there weren't any changes to be saved and active/visible when there were.  I'd also like a keyboard shortcut for that (e.g., Ctrl-S).
Pages: [1]   Go Up