INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Customize current view issues  (Read 1415 times)

dcwebman

• Citizen of the Universe
Customize current view issues
« on: February 22, 2006, 08:09:59 am »

Just installed 126 and since I'm probably at fault for these  ;) I figured I'd post it in a new topic instead of under the 126 topic. I wanted to add some columns to my view.

1. Clicked on Audio and did a Customize Current View. Applied it and then did a Save This View - For This Location And Similar Locations. I thought that it was going to apply to all View Schemes I had below Audio (children) but it didn't change those.

2. Since #1 didn't work as expected, I tried to find a way to copy a current view. In Customize Current View, it seemed like Preset with the Save would save the current view. I saved my preset but when I went to another view scheme and tried to load it via the Preset, it didn't show up. Turned out that I actually had to click OK on the Customize Current View box from before in order to get it to save my Preset. Having the Save on the Preset is misleading if it really doesn't save it right then and there.

3. What's Preset for besides saving your own? Loading any of the Audio, Image, or Video presets just erases all the columns to show.

4. Back to number 1, clicked on Audio and while in Artists, did a Customize Current View. Applied it and then did a Save This View - For This Location And Similar Locations. Genres and Albums show the changed view but Panes does not. I would have expected all 4 items to have the same view.

Jeff
Jeff

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Customize current view issues
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006, 12:26:01 pm »

The customization for the "tile-style" and "pane-style" lists is independent.

In the next build, saving or deleting a view preset and then pressing "Cancel" will still preserve the preset changes.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

dcwebman

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2006, 12:43:55 pm »

Thanks Matt. I think you answered #4 and not sure if the next build answer was for #2. What about #1 and #3?
Thanks,
Jeff
Jeff

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2006, 08:49:05 pm »

3. What's Preset for besides saving your own? Loading any of the Audio, Image, or Video presets just erases all the columns to show.

DId you upgrade from version 11 to version 11.1?

If so, it hoses all of your current "Customize Current View" presets and causes them to act like you describe.  I moaned about this greatly when I first upgraded, but managed to suffer through.  I'm thinking that the selections you have in there are the Audio, Video, and Images settings that you had default from version 11.  Try deleting them all (all the Presets).  Close and re-start MC (this might not be needed).  Then open up the Customize Current View dialog and try out a few default presets.

Do they now seem to work as you'd expect?  If so, you should be able to create your own and move on.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

dcwebman

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2006, 07:52:47 am »

That was it. Luckily I never saved presets before so it was just the 11 defaults. Deleted the existing defaults, closed MC, and they came back working fine.
Jeff

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2006, 02:13:12 pm »

See.  Some modicum of good came out of my frustration over doing the same.  Glad I could help.   ;D
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up