INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.130  (Read 4780 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.1.130
« on: February 24, 2006, 05:32:49 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 11.1.  Your MC11.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

PRICES for MC11.0 and 11.1 are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

This latest build of MC11.1 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter111130.exe

11.1.130 (2/24/06)

1. Changed: Improved translation system for messages and errors. (so things like "100 files", "101 files", etc... are easier to translate)
2. Changed: Upgraded to the latest TiVo Beacon.
3. NEW: Updated the Spanish translation. (thanks ferent!)
4. NEW: Revised the Language.txt file format to include a list of strings that need to get translated. (all existing language files automatically upgraded)
5. Changed: Revised how translation breaks the original strings into phrases so that ": " and " - " both break to a new phrase. (so things like "Volume: 1", "Volume: 2", etc. are no longer needed)
6. Changed: There were some thread-safe issues in Podcasting.

11.1.129 (2/24/06)

1. Fixed: Library backups could fail to load in some cases.
2. Fixed: If a file was in a playlist multiple times and one instance was selected and deleted from disk, the other instances wouldn't be removed from the playlist.
3. Changed: When a library fails to load, it will prompt the user if they want to restore from a backup.

11.1.128 (2/23/06)

1. Fixed: In some cases a QuickTime playback failure could cause a crash.
2. Fixed: Third-party programs that directly got a file name from a file grouping would not work properly.
3. Optimized: Improved the speed of GetAlbumFiles(...) SDK function -- used by many third party plugins.
4. Changed: We can now play more ASX streams since we inform host websites that we are WMP 10 compatible.
5. Changed: Improved translation system for menus and toolbars so that user-text (like artists, albums, etc.) won't get translated.

11.1.127 (2/22/06)

1. NEW: Added an option to keep selected podcast episodes forever.
2. Fixed: The number of Podcast episodes and file sizes were not computed correctly in auto-download computations.
3. Fixed: Resolved some ambiguities in the podcast episode status field.
4. Changed: Added some additional podcast feed keep options.
5. Fixed: Internal cover art for OGG files could get extracted with extra data at the end of the file.
6. Fixed: Large internal cover art images (1.5 MB or larger) could cause crashes with OGG files.
7. NEW: Updated the OGG input plugin to use all the latest OGG code.
8. Changed: Plugins that error or crash during tag reading or writing are less likely to bring down the entire program.
9. Fixed: OGG tags could have an extraneous external image file field saved.
10. Fixed: possible(rare) buffer overrun in Library Server, UPnP Server and TiVo Server.
11. Fixed: With "Eject on close" enabled for an iPod, the iPod would also be ejected after a sync.
12. Changed: Saving or deleting a view preset and then pressing "Cancel" will still preserve the preset changes.
13. Fixed: Action Window > File Properties > File Playlists didn't nicely handle playlist creation / renaming from inside the Action Window.

New Features in MC 11.1
Podcasting support, with OneClick Podcast subscription
Audible fully supported
Much improved handheld support for iPod, PlayforSure devices, and many others
User-configurable locations for media types on handhelds
iPod Shuffle and Nano support
Photos and album art on iPods that support it
Automatic backup of library
Directshow support for AAC files
Much faster handling of thumbnail images (requires one-time rebuild of thumbnails)
Integrated library and library browser system
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

prod

• Play nice
Add To Playing Now
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2006, 07:19:55 am »

Type:

On the context menu, there is now " Add toPlaying Now"

gany

• Recent member
Re: Media Center 11.1.130
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2006, 01:25:02 am »

My problem with the alarm-feature must have something to do with the sync-mode of MC.

I just have to put a song with iTunes in an existing playlist (generated with MC) an the alarm is working fine with all playlists (not only the one where I placed the new song) :) ...
... but with the next sync with MC the alarm doesn't work again  :'(

Gany

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2006, 05:54:45 am »

CD ripping works OK except that after the "complete" message appears in the AW the disc still spins and isn't ejected.

John.

jgreen

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2006, 09:51:29 am »

Using 11.1.130, when I right-click/media center/import within windows explorer, each track that I import gets a "recently imported" playlist containing only itself.  30 tracks = 30 playlists.  Is this a feature?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2006, 01:41:35 pm »

The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

ADDiCT

• World Citizen
  • I'm a bad llama!
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2006, 03:16:05 pm »

There seem to be some threading/playback issues with the last few versions. While MC is, for example, calculating an iPod-sync, playback of a playing track will stop at some point and "loop" for some minutes, and will resume after that time. I haven't seen this for a very long time (= older builds don't exhibit this behaviour).

Another thing i noticed is that i can only do one "recalculate sync" for the iPod, if the cursor stays at the iPod-device in the tree. I have to switch to another entry in the tree, and back to my iPod, and after that the recalculation will be done.

danrien

• Galactic Citizen
  • Chillin
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2006, 03:24:29 pm »

one thing that kinda bugs me.  why does MC store streams in the library?  you would think streams would get their own storage section, instead of getting messed up with the library. this only annoys me when i click on play for an artist and then find that it is playing a stream associated with that artist....
http://davidvedvick.info

"Always be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman." - Anonymous

jgreen

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2006, 03:57:50 pm »

I guess this was covered earlier and I missed it, but why is the left-side spectrum analyzer in the Currently Playing window flopped?  Is this for the sake of visual symmetry? 

I realize this is just a decorative garnish--audio parsley, if you will--but I think it's really cool and wouldn't be even cooler if all the left-side sound weren't looking as though it was going to come out backwards?  I keep trying to cover my left eye or twist my neck around but nothing fixes it.  Simmilarly, turning the left speaker around fails to conform the sound to the visi.  Please help.

While we're at it, what does this S.A. represent?  Because it doesn't match the S.A. in Visualizations, AFAICT (even if it were un-flopped).

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2006, 06:06:25 pm »

one thing that kinda bugs me.  why does MC store streams in the library?  you would think streams would get their own storage section, instead of getting messed up with the library. this only annoys me when i click on play for an artist and then find that it is playing a stream associated with that artist....

(This post -- and the one it's responding to -- may get split off into their own thread, but I'll post this here for now so the original poster sees my response.)

The streams won't be automatically imported if you UNcheck "Automatically import files into media library" (Tools/Options/General/Importing and Tagging.)  This way, the streams will only be imported into the library if you specifically tell MC to do so.

I believe that MC's "ability" to store streams in the library is necessary in order to allow you to add internet radio stations to the library, which can be convenient if you listen to the same stations a lot.  For example, you can play a stream from an internet radion station, manually import it into the library, and edit it's tags -- using, for example, "Web Radio" for the genre.  This allows you to easily go to this radio station later by simply going to the "Web Radio" genre and selecting it from the list of available stations.

On a related note, after playing with this for a while, I ended up coming up with the following strategy for tagging internet radio stations:

Genre = "Web Radio"
Artist = "Web Radio - [category]" -- i.e. "Web Radio - Classical" or "Web Radio - Blues" etc.
Album = the actual "station" -- i.e. "The Classical Channel" or "InfiniteClassical.com" etc.

I realize that it seems odd to use the "Artist" tag for what basically ends up as the genre information, but it solves a lot of problems to do it this way since with most web radio, there isn't just one specific "Artist," and the "Genre" tag is being used to group ALL web radio stations.  After trying numerous methods of tagging web radio stations, I came up with this method, and it actually works really well.  It gives me all the information I "need" when listenning to web radio, and it breaks it down in a way that's easy to browse and select stations.

That said, one of the problems with web radio is that stations are always coming and going.  Because of this, the list seems to be frequently outdated and stations that work one month stop working the next.  I tend to just use the Shoutcast site's "Tune In" links for most of my internet radio listenning now (MC is set to open these streams automatically) but I imagine that as time passes, many web radio stations will become more "consistant."

Larry

ferent

• Galactic Citizen
  • Go to Linux
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2006, 03:19:35 am »

If an audio has 96 kbps the crossfade doesn´t run.

Could you test it?
Go to linux

TimB

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2006, 08:26:26 am »

Haven't updated my iPod for a month or two.

Added and deleted songs from iPod.  Ejected and reattached.  Added and deleted some more songs.  MC hung and on restart said the iPod needed reformatting, ejected iPod and found it was empty. :(

-=Tim=-
Boy do I LOVE Media Center!!!

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2006, 09:32:57 am »

If a plugin DLL goes missing but the plugin is still registered in
the Registry, and hence Media Center, trying to uninstall that plugin
causes MC to go into a unbreakable loop, displaying
a message that "xxx Plugin can not be found or created"

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2006, 11:34:29 am »

I guess this was covered earlier and I missed it, but why is the left-side spectrum analyzer in the Currently Playing window flopped?  Is this for the sake of visual symmetry?

High frequencies are on the outside.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2006, 11:53:10 am »

If an audio has 96 kbps the crossfade doesn´t run.

Could you test it?

If the sample-rate changes, MC can not cross-fade.

You can force a constant sample-rate using DSP Studio, which features one of the highest quality resamplers available.

ferent

• Galactic Citizen
  • Go to Linux
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2006, 12:08:32 pm »

If the sample-rate changes, MC can not cross-fade.

You can force a constant sample-rate using DSP Studio, which features one of the highest quality resamplers available.
How can I do that? Thanks in advance
Go to linux

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2006, 12:22:22 pm »

How can I do that? Thanks in advance

Push the DSP button. (little equalizer below and to the left of the search box) (also Player > Playback Options > DSP Studio...)

Then look here: Output Format > Sample rate
Pages: [1]   Go Up