INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New summary information of the tiles (improvement suggestion)  (Read 1012 times)

Deivit

• Citizen of the Universe
  • I find your interest interesting...

Build 143 introduced:

5. NEW: Holding the mouse over the name in a tile will scroll through summary information of the tile.

The summary information of the tiles shows a nice and useful information, but may I suggest a small improvement?

In tiles view the contents of the text footer and its font size are not customizable (by the way it would be great if they were!). This currently causes very often that the text displayed does not fit in one line and gets cutt-off. You can see some examples in some of the images displayed in this thread.

Since there are no tooltips in tiles view, sometimes you get stuck to see all the nice covers with a useless line of text that it's too small to show the relevant information. As an example, look at Alex's view scheme here... you cannot see the complete name of Aerosmith's albums, and imagine what happens when instead of Aerosmith the artist is "The Original Five Blind Boys of Alabama" :D ... you end up seeing a bunch of covers with the text "The Original Five Blind..." and have not an easy way to read the whole thing.

Don't know how difficult to implement this could be, but it would be great if the first "scrolling effect" when hovering over the text was to scroll from left to right the line of text so that you could read the whole text and only then it started scrolling the other info.

What do you think? Could this be easily done?

Thanks for your time.

Link

• World Citizen
  • Is that some kind of Eastern thing?
Re: New summary information of the tiles (improvement suggestion)
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 09:54:47 am »

I'd like to add my support for a request of customizable thumbnail text - We can do it in the other view - Why not here?

It would help me out alot.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up